AOC IPS i2367Fh maybe usefull for surrund gaming ?

Frownwarrior

Hey guys i found this screen and now i want to know if it is usefull for a surround gaming setup.

I want to game with 3 screens but there are no nice screens with a thin bezel. i don't need 25xx by 16xx I have just engouth space on my desk for 3 24" monitors. so guys what do u think?

here an article that i found on PCmag.com:

"By John R. Delaney[/url=http://www.pcmag.com/author-bio/john-r.-delaney]

Not long ago, the thought of a budget monitor conjured up images of bland designs and cheap TN (twisted nematic) panels with oversaturated colors and poor viewing angles. Not anymore. The advent of inexpensive IPS technology has allowed manufacturers to produce budget-class monitors that actually deliver good color, wide viewing angles, and much better grayscale reproduction than ever before. One such monitor, the AOC i2367FH, is a shining example of today's low-cost monitor offerings. This 23-inch IPS monitor not only performs like a champ but it looks much more expensive than its price tag would indicate, which is why it is our newest Editors' Choice for budget monitors."

Design and Features

The i2367fh sports the same sleek look as its bigger brother, the AOC i2757fh[/url=http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412690,00.asp]. There are no top and side bezels to speak of save for a thin 2mm (0.07 of an inch) strip of glossy black plastic around the top and sides that holds the 23-inch panel in place. Along the bottom edge is a 0.75-inch strip of brushed metal with a shiny AOC logo in the center. The rear of the cabinet is done up in a glossy black finish on the bottom and a lightly textured matte black finish on the top.

The panel has a 1,920-by-1,080 resolution and as such can display true high definition (1080p) content. It has a matte anti-glare coating that is non-reflective and doesn't showcase fingerprints and other smudges. The eight-pound cabinet is supported by a rectangular base with the same brushed metal finish as the lower bezel. You can tilt the panel forward five degrees and backward 23-degrees but you can't swivel it or adjust the height.

There are two HDMI inputs and a VGA (analog) input at the rear of the cabinet facing outward, which makes it easy to plug and unplug cables. There's also an audio input and a headphone jack back there. You won't find any USB ports on this model, nor is there a webcam. The two-watt speakers are reasonably loud but way too trebly to be cranked all the way up. You won't find any function buttons on the lower bezel; instead, the five keys are on the back of the cabinet on the right side, which makes adjusting picture settings a bit awkward. In addition to a power switch there are Menu, Volume, Source Select, and Eco hot keys that are also used for navigating the OSD (on screen display).

As with previous models, AOC calls their preset picture modes Eco modes, which can be confusing. In fact, the i2367fh does not offer a built-in Eco (power saving) feature, other than an off timer and a power management software utility. You get six picture presets; Standard, Text, Internet, Game, Movie, and Sports. Other picture settings include Brightness, Contrast, Gamma, DCR (Dynamic Contrast Ratio), and Overdrive, which lets you adjust pixel response if you're experiencing motion artifacts. This monitor also offers color temperature settings and AOC's DCB (Dynamic Color Boost) technology that can be used to punch up colors. I'd suggest leaving this feature disabled as colors appear too bright and oversaturated.

The i2367fh comes with a three-year warranty as well as a resource CD, an audio cable, and a VGA cable. HDMI cables are not included in the box.

AOC_i2367fh_1.jpg

Performance

The i236fh performed surprisingly well for a budget monitor. Colors had that IPS richness and were fairly accurate out of the box. As is the case with most desktop displays, greens ran a little dark but not to the point where they caused grayscale or flesh tone tinting.

Although the panel did a good job of displaying all shades of gray from dark to light, the swatches were not as well defined as what you get from a more expensive IPS panel, such as the one used on the NEC PA301W. Viewing angle performance was excellent; there was no color shifting and the picture remained bright from every angle.

The i2367fh handled fast motion video with aplomb, thanks to a five-millisecond (black-to-white) pixel response. Burnout Paradise, a fast-moving street racing game for the PS3, played smoothly without lag or motion artifacts. Likewise, the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest on Blu-ray looked superb; the panel delivered good shadow detail and inky blacks.

The i2367fh used 27 watts of power during testing, which is decent but not what you would call highly energy efficient. Although it used less than the AOC i2353ph[/url=http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2415511,00.asp] (31 watts) it couldn't match the Acer T232HL[/url=http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2413954,00.asp]$675.00 at Amazon[/url=http://contextual.ziffdavis.com], which used 26 watts in standard mode but only 18 watts in Eco mode.

-sry for my bad english

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

you know that the monitor bezel is still thick... the image doesn't get edge to edge. It's like a iMac, where you have the glass reaching the end (well in this case, not so much), and you have black border around. Also, the monitor is glossy, and non height adjustable.

Looking at the video of PC Mag, it looks like an advertisement for the monitor, almost. It's eIPS panel... an entry level IPS (6-bit panel), yet they present it as if its a high-end IPS panel (true 8-bit panel or more). Anyway.

I need to read an in depth review to really be able to say anything about the monitor. But It looks like it's identical to the Acer H236HL bid.

Yes it is a good monitor. As long as you're not misled by the pictures on the box which show it to be almost completely bezel free.

And btw Goodbytes is wrong; this is not a 6 bit e-ips panel. It's a real 8 bit AH-IPS panel similar to the Dell U2713.

Hey op. I didn't click the link to see what monitor your talking a out but I'm pretty sure I know, the ones with the silver bottom bezel? I was in the exact same boat as you like 3 months ago and wanted to get 3 of them for surround but the. I found these aced monitors. Coincidentally Linus did a video on the. For ncix like a week ago. I got them about 2 and a half months ago and these things are literally so awesome! Fast response time deep colors and crazy viewing angles! Glossy screens are a plus too in my case!

No. Linus did a video on Acer that looks identically like them. (probably a renamed model)