Deciding on a new monitor

samunars

So i'm still planning on my build and now i am looking for a monitor. I found an AOC, lcd fhd, 1ms response time (though I seem to understand this doesn't count much), 75 Hz and freesync. It costs 10€ more than a samsung led with fhd, 1ms response and 60 hz, no freesync. Based on the specs alone, I would go for the AOC, I just don't know if I trust them since I never heard anyone using their monitors. Can you experience help me out?

AOC is actually pretty significant in the gaming world (just like BenQ, etc) so it's not a bad find. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

What's your budget and requirements?

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

AOC doesn't make bad monitors to my knowledge, but I'd look around for an Asus or Acer display.

2 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

AOC is a pretty big display manufacturer, I've had good experience with their monitors in the past. 

i can second that - i had a few AOC monitors and they did and still do a good job

AOC is better than samsung when talking about displays, as far as I know. I would go AOC without a second tought.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

3 hours ago, Taja said:

AOC is better than samsung when talking about displays, as far as I know. I would go AOC without a second tought.

mee too ... at least i never had an AOC monitor destroy itself - but the firmware on my samsung just corrupted on its own and the firmware update tool can't help

I just got myself a second aoc monitor. Unfortunately there's a bit too much backlight bleeding on this one but I'm thinking to keep it anyway. I once returned an Asus because it the bleeding was unbearable.

Anyway the old aoc is pretty much all plastic but still works great, I just got the new one only to upgrade to higher resolutions. 

Latest build: MyPC Liquid Time

Thank you all very much, I've learnt something new!