GPU TWEAK II fan service crashing?

Go to solution Solved by FootLoops,
22 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

When you do uninstall it though, it's likely going to say that the asus gpu fan service is running. You need to go into task manager and kill the process. Then it'll work.

Note that you'll lose any overclocks you have in GPU Tweak so go in and write down what you did if you don't have it memorized like I do.

The solution to this problem is to update gpu tweak. Asus just released the new version and that fixed it for me.

I recently got this issue and occurs when I restart my computer. On startup, it says "ASUSGPUFanServiceEx.exe" and "ASUSGPUFanServiceEx.exe" stopped responding. I already tried reinstalling GPU TWEAK II two times with no luck. All help is greatly appreciated! 

*Note this didn't occur just until yesterday.

If you need my specs just simply reply asking for them as I believe it won't really affect anything.

4 minutes ago, FootLoops said:

I recently got this issue and occurs when I restart my computer. On startup, it says "ASUSGPUFanServiceEx.exe" and "ASUSGPUFanServiceEx.exe" stopped responding. I already tried reinstalling GPU TWEAK II two times with no luck. All help is greatly appreciated! 

If you need my specs just simply reply asking for them as I believe it won't really affect anything.

What version of the GPU TWEAK II do you use?

I need to know, I may have a solution

52 minutes ago, DodoDodo123 said:

What version of the GPU TWEAK II do you use?

I need to know, I may have a solution

The Specs are:

Ryzen 5 1600

GTX 1070 Asus Strix Overclocked edition

8gb of ram 2133mhz

1tb wd blue

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

And the Version of gpu tweak I have is 1.5.9.1

16 hours ago, FootLoops said:

I have this exact problem, I also have GTX 1070 grafics card, Im not totaly sure if its related but I diddent have this problem before I upgraded the GTX 1070 driver a few days ago

This has started for me this morning as well.

Windows did a small update when I first turned the PC on this morning and now I get the exact same issue as the OP.

It worked fine yesterday and I have not manually changed anything.

If you are running your own fan curve in the GPU tweak software and change anything in it and click save you get the pop ups again informing you that the two services have stopped working.

I have tried reinstalling GPU tweak with the latest download and it does not solve the issue.

1 hour ago, Striken said:

This has started for me this morning as well.

Windows did a small update when I first turned the PC on this morning and now I get the exact same issue as the OP.

It worked fine yesterday and I have not manually changed anything.

If you are running your own fan curve in the GPU tweak software and change anything in it and click save you get the pop ups again informing you that the two services have stopped working.

I have tried reinstalling GPU tweak with the latest download and it does not solve the issue.

The thing is though is that I didn't change anything. I only use it to really monitor my temperatures. I don't overclock as I don't know how to and find it unnecessary.

I just got this issue with my GTX 1080Ti yesterday. The small update to Windows seems to have caused it, but now my problem is that my GPU is running maxed out with the highest GPU clock and memory clock possible. Updating/Reinstalling AI Suite III (which just doesn't work now) and GPU Tweak II does not help. I am going to try MSI Afterburner and see if that temporarily resolves the issues. I don't feel like burning my graphics card just because Windows updated.

8 minutes ago, boxpwner said:

I just got this issue with my GTX 1080Ti yesterday. The small update to Windows seems to have caused it, but now my problem is that my GPU is running maxed out with the highest GPU clock and memory clock possible. Updating/Reinstalling AI Suite III (which just doesn't work now) and GPU Tweak II does not help. I am going to try MSI Afterburner and see if that temporarily resolves the issues. I don't feel like burning my graphics card just because Windows updated.

Yeah I noticed that in rainbow six siege, my graphics card fans wouldn't start spinning. Would uninstalling gpu tweak and installing msi afterburner fix that?

Yeah I noticed that in rainbow six siege, my graphics card fans wouldn't start spinning. Would uninstalling gpu tweak and installing msi afterburner fix that?

I tried installing MSI Afterburner and it seems to fix some of my fan issues. However my GPU seems to still max itself out when I am just using Windows even though GPU usage is at 0%. I have no idea why it is maxing out when not being used, but it concerns me greatly.

The issue has to do with Windows update KB4056892. Uninstall the update and then pause Windows updates for the time being. I guess we can thank Intel for rushing out their crappy fix.

I confirm as well, the problem is the KB4056892 update. Avoid the overheating by undervolting the card for now...

23 minutes ago, danimfernandes said:

I confirm as well, the problem is the KB4056892 update. Avoid the overheating by undervolting the card for now...

I didn't update anything though. Do you have intel? I have the ryzen CPU so there was no security update for me.

1 minute ago, FootLoops said:

I didn't update anything though. Do you have intel? I have the ryzen CPU so there was no security update.

Windows automatically applies most updates. This one changed some things in the kernel system that will affect everyone regardless of cpu. I'm guessing this is what's causing the problems.  Anyways, go into your update history and look to see if update KB4056892 is installed. If it is, uninstall it and then go into your update settings and turn on the "pause updates" option. That should keep Windows from reinstalling it.

54 minutes ago, danimfernandes said:

So, we have to wait until the win update is fixed?

1 hour ago, arikun said:

So, we have to wait until the win update is fixed?

As far as I can tell we will have to wait. Going to the Microsoft answers page and looking at all the recent post seems to lead to the update messing up a lot of things; from WiFi cards, to graphics cards, to Windows programs. This security update seems rushed and hopefully with all the backlash and errors it has caused Microsoft will fix it quickly. Otherwise for now the only thing you can do is go to Start Menu>Settings>Update and Security> View installed update history>Uninstall updates and uninstall the latest Security Update (KB4056892). If you have Windows 10 Home like me there doesn't seem to be any straight-forward way to prevent Windows from updating the next time you shut down the computer, but this can at least give you a day or two of peace.

45 minutes ago, boxpwner said:

As far as I can tell we will have to wait. Going to the Microsoft answers page and looking at all the recent post seems to lead to the update messing up a lot of things; from WiFi cards, to graphics cards, to Windows programs. This security update seems rushed and hopefully with all the backlash and errors it has caused Microsoft will fix it quickly. Otherwise for now the only thing you can do is go to Start Menu>Settings>Update and Security> View installed update history>Uninstall updates and uninstall the latest Security Update (KB4056892). If you have Windows 10 Home like me there doesn't seem to be any straight-forward way to prevent Windows from updating the next time you shut down the computer, but this can at least give you a day or two of peace.

thx for the reply mate, i guess, i'll wait a day or two, then i'll panic

Thanks for the help. Yep, with a Ryzen 1700x and GTX 1080 the problem was the Windows update (in my case KB4056890 from January 6) , I uninstalled it and blocked the updates and it seems to work fine. 

So, maybe wait for a month?

I can confirm it's the Windows update KB4056892 that was the problem aswell. I was getting flickering images in PUBG With my 1080ti, simply because it was overheating.

Uninstalled the update and everything is back to normal. GPU fan Works, AIsuite Works and the fans rotate, the only problem is that I now hear some Coil-Whine which I didn't have before.. 

Gr8 Update

10/10 Won't download again...

Back to 8.1 as this way I'm not reinstalling every goddamn month for broken updates.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I have exatly the same problem with GPU TWEAK II and GTX 1070. The problem started after the last Windows 10 update >:(

I also add that this update broke the ASUS AI 3 suite, it seems there is no way to fix it.

I have the same problem here...seriously intel thank you very much for you crappy update that fixed a lot.

Same issue here. It started happend after an windows update, not other changes made. Interesting that the OC and fans works normally. The only issue is the power target doesn't raise the set value.