Extremely high usage of CPU, GPU and C: drive

Bananasplit_00

So Northern Bee is basically finished, but booting it up was slow as all hell, core one and two are almost maxed out all the time and system processes use 100% of the GPU at times and the C: drive, a UV400 240GB SSD is being maxed out almost all the time as well and I have no idea why any of this is happening seeing as it was perfectly fine when it was shut down about two weeks ago.  all I did was a vertical GPU mod... 

It also booted slower than this and then updated upon restart and its a little bit better but still un usable :(

If anyone has any idea how to fix this shit I'd love to know

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

does a fresh windows install help?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Remove mod then test again

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

27 minutes ago, Jasun said:

Remove mod then test again

That's a lot of work and a lot of tubes I need to remake but I might

32 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

does a fresh windows install help?

30 minutes ago, DodoDodo123 said:

You should try to install a fresh copy of Windows, as @RadiatingLight said...

Yah I have an absolute shit load of stuff installed i kinda need to keep but if nothing else comes up I will. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

That's a lot of work and a lot of tubes I need to remake but I might

Yah I have an absolute shit load of stuff installed i kinda need to keep but if nothing else comes up I will. 

Okay

1 hour ago, vaiwalker said:

maybe its infected with one of those bitcoin mining trojans?

No, the GPU riser cable was the problem

Builds:

Spoiler