PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

Go to solution Solved by SergeantSeagate,
On 2.1.2018 at 10:53 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

This error can also occur due to faulty drivers or the file system screwing up. Try these to see if anything improves (taken from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x50--page-fault-in-nonpaged-area):

To note, it's incredibly rare that the CPU is busted if you're certain you didn't do anything bad to it. Motherboard issue may be a problem, but less likely than the issues listed above

It was the CPU...

Changed the CPU and everything worked

Changed the Motherboard and the problem went with the CPU... 

Hellp guys,

My computer is not working properly and I am getting all the time the same bluescreen... I tried so much but it got worse and worse...

First of all: My specs

i7 7700k @ stock

GTX 1080 Zotac AMP! Extreme Edition @ stock

Z270E Strix

BeQuiet 700W Straight Power 10

G-Skill RGB 3200 RAM 2x8GB CL16-18-18-38

Watercooling AIO Water 3.0 Thermaltake

It started a few days ago, everytime I tried watch YouTube the browser loaded the website new after a few minutes until it said that it could not reach the website.

I used instead of EDGE Chrome, where the fault appeard also, but the video stopped only or a few second and continued.

But 3 days ago, when I wanted to ask the Microsoft support for help (Useless BTW) my computer crashed 3 times with the bluescreen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

It happend after I watched for a short time YouTube. Netflix began to stop with errors like, opened in too many tabs (which was not the case)

The Mircosoft support said that it is probably a driver problem. The errorlog said that the file which caused the problem was located in the driver folder.  So I downloaded an older Version of nVidias Driver and it worked until the driver updated itself. But this time an older driver did not help, the problematic file was this time in the system32 folder.

Because the problem did not appeared a few days ago (3 months in total) I decided to make an system recovery.... without sucess and the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA appeared more often. And YouTube and Netflix were not working...

So I made a system reset and guess what - no sucess, it got even worse and YouTube was not working at all... and still the error.

So I installed Windows new on my drive - guess what.... still the error and even more often

I asked the Mircosoft again and got no help, answer: Go to a local IT store...

So I removed all drives, removed my graphics card, changes the RAM modules and guess what.... the freaking problem was still there...

I had trouble to install Windows because I got always the error before I was able to install it on my computer

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

WimFsf.sys (I got also NTFS.sys and some more before I removed Windows)

So now I have at least Windows installed, but getting the still the page fault

What is the problem? Please help me....

Thanks for reading and maybe helping

PC specs would be nice... Also mention any overclocking on ram/cpu as that is what I suspect the problem is based on your initial description. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

2 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

PC specs would be nice... Also mention any overclocking on ram/cpu as that is what I suspect the problem is based on your initial description. 

edited it

Try running your ram without XMP profiles (so it should go to 2133). Since your cpu isn't overclocked, chances are it is something with the memory clocks/timings that Windows isn't liking. 

Just now, Airdragonz said:

Try running your ram without XMP profiles (so it should go to 2133). Since your cpu isn't overclocked, chances are it is something with the memory clocks/timings that Windows isn't liking. 

Tried it, I even changed the RAM with RAM froma friend, still the same problem

1 minute ago, SergeantSeagate said:

Tried it, I even changed the RAM with RAM froma friend, still the same problem

Then it's either a CPU or mobo problem. Errors like the one you have basically equates to a problem between the cpu and ram working together and occasionally a driver issue. The fact that you tried different ram already and still getting the same problem means there's something wrong with either the cpu or a bad DIMM slot on your mobo. As for your graphics driver, it shouldn't have any role in this. There is a possibility that there's another driver that could be involved, one that's cpu related, but I can't guarantee that this is the case. If you have a spare cpu, i'd recommend that you try that. 

This error can also occur due to faulty drivers or the file system screwing up. Try these to see if anything improves (taken from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x50--page-fault-in-nonpaged-area):

Windows Memory Diagnostics

Run the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool, to test the memory. Click the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems.‌ After the test is run, use Event viewer to view the results under the System log. Look for the MemoryDiagnostics-Results entry to view the results.

Resolving a faulty hardware problem: If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You should run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

Resolving a faulty system service problem: Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, investigate the Windows repair options. For more information, see Recovery options in Windows 10.

Resolving an antivirus software problem: Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.

Resolving a corrupted NTFS volume problem: Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. Contact the manufacture of the hard driver system to locate any diagnostic tools that they provide for the hard drive sub system.

To note, it's incredibly rare that the CPU is busted if you're certain you didn't do anything bad to it. Motherboard issue may be a problem, but less likely than the issues listed above

On 2.1.2018 at 10:53 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

It was the CPU...

Changed the CPU and everything worked

Changed the Motherboard and the problem went with the CPU...