Orange Sharpie (LTT-themed build)

The stickers finally came in for the psu so it was finally time to takes photos.

It turned out the ram wasn't nearly as saturated as the orange in the rest of the system:

Spoiler

adata_xpg_v2_5.jpg

so I remedied it with some orange Sharpie. It turned out a lot better than expected and matches perfectly.

Some black paper was taped at the top to prevent heat from reentering the system and that lowered temps by a few degrees. The system is pretty quiet during idle when using SIV but the graphics card gets noisy during load due to the lack of case airflow.

Going with NF-A14's would've been better but the owner of the system was pretty adamant about going with 120mm's to be safe at the time.

CPU: Intel i7 4790K

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX w/2x NF-F12 LTT Editions

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force

Memory: Adata XPG V2 Gray/Orange 4x4GB 1600mhz CL9

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

HDD: WD Red 2x2TB

Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP!

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Gunmetal

Case Fans: 3x NF-F12 LTT Editions

Power Supply: Corsair HX750i

Cables: Orange/Grey Paracord Sleeved Extensions

LEDS: NZXT Sleeved LED Strip White

IMG_7051.thumb.JPG.8626b3d13d3db8150f2a8221a6d1f1c8.JPGIMG_7079.thumb.JPG.ace8ba260754367034ce92408cb70762.JPGIMG_7084.thumb.JPG.d675606cbcf88053e393af593f489b8a.JPGIMG_7068.thumb.JPG.a396498e435f74e259034c606ab44903.JPGIMG_7083.thumb.JPG.f7ae3baafc957ef7bdf22f78dcf41ea3.JPGIMG_7157.thumb.JPG.0b051849cdb1725e1f96c8a188f172bd.JPGIMG_7137.thumb.JPG.bd1733a12c81076c1bae1fd80b6b3219.JPGIMG_7145.thumb.JPG.069b5a51a143e4adb56d24296dfee484.JPGIMG_7174.thumb.JPG.65889eda24f7452ddde73da3b2879ea4.JPG

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

fix that sag are you are good to go!

I might get around to using the fix that Jayztwocents did here: 

It worked pretty well in this system:

May or may not be too lazy to take photos any time soon.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Looks great and the color scheme is amazingly implemented!

My only question is; how could there not be enough airflow through that case you have 5 fans...?

Core i5-6600k OCed to 4.7GHz@1.325V | Hyper 212 Evo | ASUS GTX 1070 Strix ASUS z170-AR MOBO | 16GB DDR4@2400MHz | 500GB 850 EVO SSD | 1TB WD HDD | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair STRAFE Brown Keyswitch Mechanical Keyboard |

Spoiler

Legend says, RGB makes your pc 15% faster.

3 minutes ago, Macboi said:

Looks great and the color scheme is amazingly implemented!

My only question is; how could there not be enough airflow through that case you have 5 fans...?

The Evolv ATX is extremely restrictive and possibly has the worst case airflow I've seen asides from mostly sealed cases for HTPC's. 

There are few thin gaps at the top and front for airflow.

11 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The Evolv ATX is extremely restrictive and possibly has the worst case airflow I've seen asides from mostly sealed cases for HTPC's. 

Ahh, that would make sense then.  Number of fans doesn't matter in that scenario.

Core i5-6600k OCed to 4.7GHz@1.325V | Hyper 212 Evo | ASUS GTX 1070 Strix ASUS z170-AR MOBO | 16GB DDR4@2400MHz | 500GB 850 EVO SSD | 1TB WD HDD | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair STRAFE Brown Keyswitch Mechanical Keyboard |

Spoiler

Legend says, RGB makes your pc 15% faster.

Soooooo clean! Love it.

31 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you plan on keeping the case for awhile, it might be worthwhile investing in something like this: https://modmymods.com/custom-services/phanteks-case-mods.html

16 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

worst case airflow

Say no more;

image.jpeg.fab0e3baf4cddf8613f57f7c3c513483.jpeg

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

3 hours ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Say no more

There's a considerable gap below the front panel for airflow on the Enso. This is usually how it's done for cases with a solid front panel. For some reason (I'm assuming aesthetics), the only gaps at the front for the Evolv ATX is the thin outline around the recessed panel.

According to an article by Gamers Nexus ( https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3123-bitfenix-enso-case-review ) they got these results:

bitfenix enso cpu all

The Evolv ATX isn't in that roundup, but it gives you some perspective on were the case sits in terms of thermals compared to some other popular cases.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again