Trade up ultrawides or 2nd 1440p 144hz?

User Name

So I have a 1440p ultrawide display that runs at 60hz and I looooovvvveee it but I find myself thinking "am I missing something with this high refresh rate thing?" As my monitor is only 60hz i was thinking I have 2 options,

1.)get a 2nd monitor 28" 1440p 144hz (maybe from that last YouTube video $300) and rock 2 monitors and just play whatever I feel like at the time. Or...

2.) Sell my monitor and get a high refresh ultrawide 1440p. Because I will admit I have come to love 21:9.

-Hopefully the old dog 980ti could push those pixels that fast ... not pubg lolololo (Sorry had a few coctails)

I wouldn't get the one Linus reviewed with an Nvidia card as that one only supported FreeSync, in order to look good at those refresh rates on a GeForce card, you would need a G-Sync monitor.

I would sell your current monitor and buy an Asus Rog Swift PG279Q or hope you have enough for a PG348Q or Predator X34

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I wouldn't get the one Linus reviewed with an Nvidia card as that one only supported FreeSync, in order to look good at those refresh rates on a GeForce card, you would need a G-Sync monitor.

I would sell your current monitor and buy an Asus Rog Swift PG279Q or hope you have enough for a PG348Q or Predator X34

That's what I was leaning towards. Thanks! (The x34)