Cheap Fake Ebay GPU Thread

iamdarkyoshi
On 12/31/2017 at 3:51 PM, iamdarkyoshi said:

I got a fake GPU with a GF116-200-KB-A1 die and another with a GF116-KA-A1. Managed to reflash the KA with a Pilat GTS 450 bios without issues but the KB is giving me a lot of trouble.

I can't seem to find anything about the GF116-200-KB-A1 other than some chinese vendors selling the die in bulk. The GF116-KA-A1 is a GTS 450. GF114-200-KB-A1 is a 560.

Mine has a SLI connector & both the 550ti bios and the 450 don't work with it (heavy artifacting before crashing). 

I have got some of those fake 192Bit (so GTX550TI, not gts450). But i cant flash any of those with nvflash. Also external ch341a flasher with soic8-clip dont work. It seems like the card is pulling way too much power from the 3,3V spi chip connector. It seems like the whole card try to power up from the 3.3V power.

In the good known youtube video

its been told that after you flash once the 550ti bios, nvflash suddnely starts to work. So it should be possible to flash it also now.

BTW: You seen those labels with the fake model numbers. All the owners of those cards: Remove those labels. On some of the PCB's you can see fake name like ASUS. They hide those with the fake labels.

JoeDirt seems to know how to modify nvflash. Have someone contacted him?

http://www.overclock.net/forum/71-nvidia-drivers-overclocking-software/1521334-official-nvflash-certificate-checks-bypassed-gtx-950-960-970-980-980ti-titan-x.html

• 3 weeks later...

I found a GTX 980 with 4gb of DDR5 and was wondering what it actually is, since I haven't seen another 980

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2018 at 7:52 PM, cromalhao said:

Hello. I am in possession of a fake gtx 960 4gb that in reality is a 1gb gddr5 with what it seems a 550ti gpu but with only 128 bit memory access making it a gts 450 revision 2.

The card looks very much like the other fake ones but the gpu vrm area uses double MOSFETs with a screwed metal cooler.

I was wondering if there would be someone willing to help identifying the card and possibly identifying a compatible vbios or a way to modify the bios.

The bios chip is missing on the pictures, I have removed it to read it properly on my programmer and I attached the dump below the pictures.

It would be nice to have a database of these cards with their details and possible fixes. I would be willing to contribute.

Cheers

DSCF4058.JPG

DSCF4059.JPG

DSCF4055.JPG

DSCF4056.JPG

VBIOS

fake gtx 960 4gb original.bin

Good afternoon, sorry for my use I'm using google translate, did you get any bios for this card? I have an identical, I have been able to solve other different models, I will post some photos soon, thank you.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys!!! I finally have great news!!! The User of name Lyu has made changes to the VBios I was missing but forgot to correct the 8 bit checksum.

Hereby I share the modified VBios to unlock the power of thy fake 960 4gb into 450GTS 1gb

Cheers!!
I

FABIO MOD-lyu-working-fake960fgb.rom

• 1 month later...

I just bought this off eBay, it's probably a fake. Advertised as GTX750TI 2GB GDDR5.

I a'm hoping it is a 550ti so I can flash it back to functionality.

Only way to be sure is when it arrives in a few weeks. 

Anybody have experience with this card beforehand? Seems like a new model, unless they just changed the heat-sink. 

It's probably a GTS 450 or 550TI but I just want to make sure it's the same chipsets, so I know if I can flash it with the bioses in this thread. 

s-l1600.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I recently bought what I assumed was a GTX 1050ti...and upon trying to install drivers and running GPU Z found the thing to be a fake. I have no idea what it is supposed to be or what the card actually is. It's dual fanned, with black and blue metal casing. The sticker on it's back says made in china and also Nvidia gtx 1050 ti. Any help would be appreciated.

Boys. You need to remove the heat sinks and clean the thermal paste. Then put pictures here to try to identify the card. 

Also a bios dump will be useful.

Best regards

• 2 months later...
On 11/4/2018 at 3:27 PM, cromalhao said:

Hey guys!!! I finally have great news!!! The User of name Lyu has made changes to the VBios I was missing but forgot to correct the 8 bit checksum.

Hereby I share the modified VBios to unlock the power of thy fake 960 4gb into 450GTS 1gb

Cheers!!
I

FABIO MOD-lyu-working-fake960fgb.rom

Thank you very much! Today I have fixed my fake 960 and now its working great! 

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Biomecanoid said:

Hello guys,

What is the best fake gpu that you were able to restore to normal ?

Thanks

None. Why you want to buy fake gpu and play with changing bios? Is it not better to just buy same card just without being branded differently??

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

7 minutes ago, Whiro said:

None. Why you want to buy fake gpu and play with changing bios? Is it not better to just buy same card just without being branded differently??

You can buy a fake GPU report the seller, get your money back, keep the not so great card. Scam the scammer :P lol

12 minutes ago, Biomecanoid said:

You can buy a fake GPU report the seller, get your money back, keep the not so great card. Scam the scammer :P lol

Hahaha ok I didn’t though about that before ? 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Hello,

Does this card look fake to you ? i found it for 115$ the seller has 97% positive feedback BUT he does not accept returns.

The card is supposed to be a 1060 3GB which new is for about double the price.

Browsing the other items the seller is offering i saw he is selling mostly mining stuff so this card could have been used for mining even if he has he used it in his gaming PC.

The card looks like a genuine Palit from what i can tell. What do you think ? good buy on not ?

Thanks

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500 (2).jpg

s-l500 (3).jpg

s-l500 (4).jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

On 12/24/2019 at 6:17 AM, Whiro said:

Agreed. A 550Ti with the right BIOS is $20.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-EVGA-GeForce-GTX-550-Ti-1GB-GDDR5-Video-Graphics-Card/372819833243?epid=17028653191&hash=item56cdcb319b:g:bTQAAOSwtctdtv55

• 8 months later...

Hi guys. I also bought this GTX960 card. GPU is a  GF106-250-KA-A1 (Picture enclosed). There are 4 memories in the front and 4 more in the back Elpida W1032BBBG. BIOS is PM25L0020. No power connector. I'm looking for the right rom. I have tried a lot of them (mostly from Techpowerup) without success. Help me, please. 

20200904_210115_(1).jpg