Should I upgrade anything?

Anthony_Borraccio

GPU: GTX 780
CPU: i7 5820k (prob needs overclocking) and is liquid cooled
Motherboard: ASUS extreme Rampage V
Monitor: ASUS, 60hz, 1080p

I was just wondering if I should 
upgrade anything like my GPU and Monitor are kinda dated and if I got a GTX 1080 I heard it’s not worth it if I don’t at least get a 144hz 1440p monitor cause I don’t get close to the full potential of the card but what do you guys think? Plus is it worth like an extra 300$ for G-sync monitor? 

5 minutes ago, Anthony_Borraccio said:

GPU: GTX 780
CPU: i7 5820k (prob needs overclocking) and is liquid cooled
Motherboard: ASUS extreme Rampage V
Monitor: ASUS, 60hz, 1080p

I was just wondering if I should 
upgrade anything like my GPU and Monitor are kinda dated and if I got a GTX 1080 I heard it’s not worth it if I don’t at least get a 144hz 1440p monitor cause I don’t get close to the full potential of the card but what do you guys think? Plus is it worth like an extra 300$ for G-sync monitor? 

Yeah you should upgrade your monitor before you upgrade your gpu. I mean you are going to only be able to use a 1060 or maybe a 1070 before your monitor is stopping you from seeing the full potential of your gpu.

if it does what you need it to, then you have no need to upgrade. but if you are start with the MB and CPU. do you have a budget?

EDIT: or you can just get a new graphics card and monitor. its what ever you're looking to do with your system.

The 780 will last you a while yet, upgrade the monitor first. If your CPU and motherboard are all good, no reason to upgrade those, they'll be good for another couple years at least.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, AMD: With Sheggz said:

if it does what you need it to, then you have no need to upgrade. but if you are start with the MB and CPU. do you have a budget?

I need to upgrade my Motherboard and CPU i thought those were still top of the line? Besides my GPU and monitor that’s pretty old 

10 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah you should upgrade your monitor before you upgrade your gpu. I mean you are going to only be able to use a 1060 or maybe a 1070 before your monitor is stopping you from seeing the full potential of your gpu.

You have any recommendations and or if it’s worth getting g-sync for the future or maybe wait for the next gen of cards to come out 

2 minutes ago, Anthony_Borraccio said:

I need to upgrade my Motherboard and CPU i thought those were still top of the line? Besides my GPU and monitor that’s pretty old 

they still are honestly if they work for you. a 960 or 980 shouldn't be to expensive to acquire. as for a good monitor idk. i'm really bad at recommending those.  

13 minutes ago, AMD: With Sheggz said:

they still are honestly if they work for you. a 960 or 980 shouldn't be to expensive to acquire. as for a good monitor idk. i'm really bad at recommending those.  

Do u think I should upgrade them? And a 980 isn’t much of an upgrade from mine i looked at benchmarks it’s like 5 more FPS 

i have a 6700k and and a 960 and it works just fine for me but i too am looking to upgrade. its about what would work for you.you ever thought about Ryzen?

1 hour ago, AMD: With Sheggz said:

i have a 6700k and and a 960 and it works just fine for me but i too am looking to upgrade. its about what would work for you.you ever thought about Ryzen?

All you would need is a new GPU why would u wanna upgrade anything else then that it wouldn’t really change performance output And no I haven’t I don’t really like AMD in general 

8 hours ago, Anthony_Borraccio said:

You have any recommendations and or if it’s worth getting g-sync for the future or maybe wait for the next gen of cards to come out 

Well gsync is nice to have but I have a gsync monitor and I hardly ever use it. The most noticeable thing I see is stuttering which can't really be fixed by gsync. If you don't like screen tearing and notice it then you can get one. Also as far as monitors go it is more about what you want in a monitor than what is the generic best monitor because there honestly isn't one. I wanted to play competitive overwatch with as much of an advantage as i could so I got a 240hz monitor. Now if I had wanted nicer looking games I would have gotten a 1440p or 4k monitor. Or I could have gone for a 1440p high refresh rate monitor to have a little bit of both.