New build starts for 2-3 seconds, shuts off.

So i've been having trouble getting my new build started. I must say im still considered a noob at building, but ive built 3 rigs so far. Anyway, im pretty confident ive plugged in everything correctly. 

When i plug the PSU cable in and switch it on, instantly the mobo led turns on, the 3 case fans turn on (without the LED's turning on), heatsink spins correctly, and a white flash happens for a split second, then everything shuts down after about 2 seconds. Also, the front panel power button wont actually turn the PC on and off. I've read that pulling out a stick of RAM and any extra components other than the essentials may work, tried it, nothing. 

SPECS:

Asus PRIMR B350 Plus

Hyper 212 LED

Corsair Vengence LPX (2x8gb) 2666

Corsair CX650M

Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB

Ryzen 7 1700x

EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked

Corsair Spec Alpha Case

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1231170618a.jpg

1231170619a.jpg

Before you do anything else are you 100% sure all cables are in place ? For a new build i first do a smoke test before build it in the case to verify that everything is fine.  Does it display anything in the 3 sec or do you hear beeps/beep codes ? 

Take out all ram (yes all of them) and try again, it should start to beep at you very angry.

If it doesn't beep, try to reseat the CPU, if that also doesn't work it's likely the CPU or motherboard is dead...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Ahh just saw you use a Ryzen processor did you connect graphics card ? Ryzen has no internal GPU. 

Thanks for the fast input guys. Ill plug the GPU in and see what happens. If it doesnt work, ill remove the ram. I'll check back.

21 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

Ahh just saw you use a Ryzen processor did you connect graphics card ? Ryzen has no internal GPU. 

Tried the GPU w/ ram installed, same issue.

23 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Take out all ram (yes all of them) and try again, it should start to beep at you very angry.

If it doesn't beep, try to reseat the CPU, if that also doesn't work it's likely the CPU or motherboard is dead...

Removed the ram, disconnected GPU, same error. I will try to reseat the CPU in a second.

42 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Also, the front panel power button wont actually turn the PC on and off

Did you maybe connect the power switch cables wrong maybe in the position of the reset switch ???

4 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

Did you maybe connect the power switch cables wrong maybe in the position of the reset switch ???

I followed the guide in the manual and looked up the order. I did this..

+PLED/-PLED/POWERSW

+HDDLED-/RESETSW

Unless the writing on the connectors needs to be a specific way, im lost.

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I followed the guide in the manual and looked up the order. I did this..

+PLED/-PLED/POWERSW

+HDDLED-/RESETSW

Unless the writing on the connectors needs to be a specific way, im lost.

If this are your 8 pins power switch should be like the 2 points i marked  red. Left one + right one minus. 
. . . .
. . . .  

If it turns off that quickly you might have something shorting. Do the following:

1.) Try removing all the JFP connectors (front panel), and simply put a screwdriver against the power_sw pins. This should start the computer, assuming it's the chassis switch or cable that's defective.

2.) Trouble shoot your RAM by running one stick at time. If the computer doesn't start with one, swap it out for the other.

3.) If that doesn't help, unplug everything.  SATA, USB devices and front panel I/O. The best thing would even be to start the computer outside of the chassis. Put the motherboard down on you motherboard box and only plug in the CPU, PSU and one RAM stick. While you won't get any signal since you don't have integrated graphics, the computer should still remain on.

After this, we're down to the CPU/motherboard. Not that much you can do if you don't have a spares lying around. Get in contact with the reseller and register an RMA.

Good luck.

EDIT: Try a different PSU if you have one, or try starting it without being plugged into the motherboard. You can do this by shorting the PS_ON and ground pins. Completely unplug the PSU from your computer, and make sure it's not plugged in to the power socket. Take a paperclip and put one end the the PS_ON pin, and the other one in ground/COM. Connect the power cable and flip the switch. If it is working properly, it should start.

21 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

If this are your 8 pins power switch should be like the 2 points i marked  red. Left one + right one minus. 
. . . .
. . . .  

checked 3 times..its connected correctly.

28 minutes ago, xaeleep said:

If it turns off that quickly you might have something shorting. Do the following:

1.) Try removing all the JFP connectors (front panel), and simply put a screwdriver against the power_sw pins. This should start the computer, assuming it's the chassis switch or cable that's defective.

2.) Trouble shoot your RAM by running one stick at time. If the computer doesn't start with one, swap it out for the other.

3.) If that doesn't help, unplug everything.  SATA, USB devices and front panel I/O. The best thing would even be to start the computer outside of the chassis. Put the motherboard down on you motherboard box and only plug in the CPU, PSU and one RAM stick. While you won't get any signal since you don't have integrated graphics, the computer should still remain on.

After this, we're down to the CPU/motherboard. Not that much you can do if you don't have a spares lying around. Get in contact with the reseller and register an RMA.

Good luck.

EDIT: Try a different PSU if you have one, or try starting it without being plugged into the motherboard. You can do this by shorting the PS_ON and ground pins. Completely unplug the PSU from your computer, and make sure it's not plugged in to the power socket. Take a paperclip and put one end the the PS_ON pin, and the other one in ground/COM. Connect the power cable and flip the switch. If it is working properly, it should start.

Tried #1 - only mobo, PSU turned on and actually stayed on longer, but seemed to have less power.

#2 - didnt work

3# - will try that soon..

thanks for the help though. tried a different PSU and did the same. 

40 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

3# - will try that soon..

Try it outside on a box 2 stories regarding this from a few years ago when i worked in a computer repair Business:I had one time a customer pc where i was at the end of everything when i removed motherboard i found a screw on the back of the motherboard causing a short(Customer claims PC turns on for 1 second then shuts off) ..... and one time someone that tried building pc himself he he did not use the motherboard stands.... ("Attention! customer claims he got shocked when turning on his computer" ) 

Also do the box test first its hard knock down when something you ordered new does not work its even worse if you find that out when you already spend 2 h building your rig doing cable management etc..

1 hour ago, xaeleep said:

Good luck.

1231170858.thumb.jpg.96cc44fb35414c948bb94a599e39f477.jpg

Took it out, its just the cooler, PSU, and CPU. LED light on mobo turns on, cooler fan/LED doesnt work at all while plugged into normal fan 4 pin

15 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

it should be plugged into the cpu header pin.

tried it...nothing. none of the PSU's ive tried though have operated correctly. the fan barely spins, if at all. 

3 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

Is it consistently running now?

The only action i see between the mobo, PSU, and CPU is lights on the mobo. No fans spinning on heatsink or PSU

1 minute ago, Praxis727 said:

U have the dual 4 pin (8 pin) Atx plugged in at the top of the board?

Yea i do..

2 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

U have the dual 4 pin (8 pin) Atx plugged in at the top of the board?

Was about to say the same cant be really seen in the pics because of massive heatsink but looks like it is not plugged in 

2 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

And now same behavior after you started it with a screwdriver ?

i started it with the screwdriver while it was in the case, do the same out of the case? 

or are you asking has it been worse since the screwdriver startup?

unplug it, that is just extra cpu juice.  Just to see what it does.  also while  you are unplugging it this would be a good time to check to see if you can see andy burn marks or scoring.  Then a cmos reset.  no power and jump the 2 pins CTRCLR.