New build starts for 2-3 seconds, shuts off.

Really good job so far, unfortunately we've more or less done as much as we can. The last step, although it's unlikely to help, is a CMOS reset. To the left of the CPU socket you'll find the CMOS battery.Turn off the computer and remove the battery for 20 seconds. (There's a spring that you press to make it pop out) When the 20 seconds have passed, plug the battery back in and turn on the computer again.

If this doesn't help, then I highly recommend sending your CPU and motherboard back for an RMA. If you've bought them from the same store/site, they should have no problem testing them together.

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

i started it with the screwdriver while it was in the case, do the same out of the case? 

or are you asking has it been worse since the screwdriver startup?

You know what i thought is that your power button just has a malfunction and keeps connected same would happen if you start your pc and keep your hand on the power button it would shutdown shortly after  

14 minutes ago, xaeleep said:

Really good job so far, unfortunately we've more or less done as much as we can. The last step, although it's unlikely to help, is a CMOS reset. To the left of the CPU socket you'll find the CMOS battery.Turn off the computer and remove the battery for 20 seconds. (There's a spring that you press to make it pop out) When the 20 seconds have passed, plug the battery back in and turn on the computer again.

If this doesn't help, then I highly recommend sending your CPU and motherboard back for an RMA. If you've bought them from the same store/site, they should have no problem testing them together.

just did the CMOS reset and got nothing. i still have yet to try the PSU on its own. i appreciate all the help guys.

14 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

You know what i thought is that your power button just has a malfunction and keeps connected same would happen if you start your pc and keep your hand on the power button it would shutdown shortly after  

its possible, but the psu itself wont even operate correctly. im gonna try it on another PC soon and see what happens.