G.Skill Really Screwed Up My RMA...

Hello Forum Users,

I have 2x 8GB DDR3 memory sticks in my rig.  One of my sticks went bad, so I got an RMA number from GSKILL.  On the "Warranty" portion of G.Skill's site, it states "Include all modules of a memory kit for RMA. Memory kits are tested together to ensure compatibility.  Compatibility is not guaranteed if a partial kit is returned."  So I packaged up both memory sticks and shipped them out to GSKILL.

Around 10 days later,  I receive a package from GSKILL in the mail.  I open it up, and only find 1x 8GB DDR3 stick!  How could they mess this up?  I clearly followed the direction to send both ram sticks and they only sent 1 back.

Does anyone have any advice?  If anyone knows a GSKILL tech support on this forum please share this post with them... I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

-Matt

Why don't you contact them directly and tell them............................

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Why don't you contact them directly and tell them............................

I did.  I am looking for other people who have had this issue as well. 

1 minute ago, miagisan said:

I don't know.... 

Wild idea, call g. Skill! 

I wish... all of their telephone lines are closed until Tuesday (1/2).  I am just so enraged with the idea that someone actually messed this up.

Just now, BombAssOreos said:

I did.  I am looking for other people who have had this issue as well. 

I don't see how other people would make the situation any better.

If they forgot to put the second stick in then you tell them and they will hopefully send it to you.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

I don't see how other people would make the situation any better.

If they forgot to put the second stick in then you tell them and they will hopefully send it to you.

If other people have had the same issue, they inform me about the process in getting their second stick.  For example, someone might tell me that G.Skill was a pain in the ass to deal with when trying to receive their lost ram.

Just now, BombAssOreos said:

If other people have had the same issue, they inform me about the process in getting their second stick.  For example, someone might tell me that G.Skill was a pain in the ass to deal with when trying to receive their lost ram.

Whether it is a pain or not, you still want that stick back, right?

So just be patient and wait til tuesday and reopen your ticket or whatever the RMA process is and tell them the problem.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Whether it is a pain or not, you still want that stick back, right?

So just be patient and wait til tuesday and reopen your ticket or whatever the RMA process is and tell them the problem.

Ok thank you.

probably just human error. It happens. be patient and contact them when the customers support is back up. I can't imagine them giving you any problem about returning the missing stick. They are a reputable brand. It just sucks, these things happen. 

1 minute ago, Ansger said:

probably just human error. It happens. be patient and contact them when the customers support is back up. I can't imagine them giving you any problem about returning the missing stick. They are a reputable brand. It just sucks, these things happen. 

You are most likely correct. Thank you!