Is the ASUS Rog Swift PG348Q 4k

TheDutchMC04

I'm wondering if the ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q a 4K monitor is, as it is 3440x1440. I hear the term 1440p alot, and I think it is not 4K. On ASUS's website it is listed under 4K monitors. 

I want to buy it, but I need to make sure it's 4K

1 minute ago, TobiZY said:

I'm wondering if the ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q a 4K monitor is, as it is 3440x1440. I hear the term 1440p alot, and I think it is not 4K. On ASUS's website it is listed under 4K monitors. 

No it isn’t.

I forgot to mention that it is 21:9 aspect ratio, does that change things? 

2 minutes ago, TobiZY said:

I forgot to mention that it is 21:9 aspect ratio, does that change things? 

It isn't 4K no matter how you look at it.

14 minutes ago, TobiZY said:

lg is supposed to be showing off an actual 4k ultrawide at ces this year

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

How expensive will it be? As the ASUS PG348Q is at the limit of my budget, also is it usable for gaming? As in 5ms input lag or close to that? 

7 minutes ago, TobiZY said:

How expensive will it be? As the ASUS PG348Q is at the limit of my budget, also is it usable for gaming? As in 5ms input lag or close to that? 

Very

Probably too expensive for me, will the PG348Q be good for gaming, because I don't want to spend 1000+ euro on something that isnt good. Can I run the monitor with an Intel Core i7-7700K @5.1 Ghz and a GTX 1070 FE

7 hours ago, TobiZY said:

Probably too expensive for me, will the PG348Q be good for gaming, because I don't want to spend 1000+ euro on something that isnt good. Can I run the monitor with an Intel Core i7-7700K @5.1 Ghz and a GTX 1070 FE

yes u can run that monitor with those specs. u might tone some settings down in some scenes  but it should be running fine. btw i have the asus pg348qe monitor and it's a solid monitor i love it. 

the monitors are not the issue when gaming on ultrawides, i have the predator x34 and only issues i have with games is the game its self not supporting 21:9 ratio, thats my only issue also i too run mine on a 1070 and have no issues