should i sell custom pc for a laptop

aries757

could i sell this for 500 - 600 , at the time i paid that much for it.

so my current rig that i built myself a year ago has an: 

I5 6500

250 WD HDD

Radeon HD7990

8gb Ram

seasonic s12 500 w psu

i would like to get a laptop so i can do stuff while not home.

i've found a few like this or this 

any other suggestions?

MF UH BEANS

I don't know... Maybe try buying official and not used. Also if you want portability and performance build a mini ITX PC. Cooling is still better than a laptop but performance stays the same and you can choose your own pieces.

2 minutes ago, mankeez said:

I don't know... Maybe try buying official and not used. Also if you want portability and performance build a mini ITX PC. Cooling is still better than a laptop but performance stays the same and you can choose your own pieces.

i'd prefer buying used or refurb to get more for my money... i know i wouldnt be able to get an i7 or ssd buying new / official.

MF UH BEANS

4 minutes ago, aries757 said:

could i sell this for 500 - 600 , at the time i paid that much for it.

so my current rig that i built myself a year ago has an: 

I5 6500

250 WD HDD

Radeon HD7990

8gb Ram

seasonic s12 500 w psu

i would like to get a laptop so i can do stuff while not home.

i've found a few like this or this 

any other suggestions?

before selling your pc and getting a laptop, decide on whats important to you, because if you buy a laptop you will have less performance than what you would have with your PC (unless your using more money on top of the money you make from selling your PC)but you will have portability. what will you use the laptop for?, do you need portability ? and is the performance decrease worth it for portability ?

Just now, manlykeweaver465 said:

before selling your pc and getting a laptop, decide on whats important to you, because if you buy a laptop you will have less performance than what you would have with your PC (unless your using more money on top of the money you make from selling your PC)but you will have portability. what will you use the laptop for?, do you need portability ? and is the performance decrease worth it for portability ?

i plan to get a laptop without a gpu,  and laptops i can get have i7's and ssd's, while being portable, yet my pc has an i5 and hard drive, some even have more ram,

MF UH BEANS

4 minutes ago, aries757 said:

i plan to get a laptop without a gpu,  and laptops i can get have i7's and ssd's, while being portable, yet my pc has an i5 and hard drive, some even have more ram,

but dont forget the laptop will have a laptop version of an i7 which means it may not have the same performance as your desktop i5, also another thing to consider is that lithium ion batteries lose capacity over time so if your buying a used laptop and your out and about without access to an outlet battery life could be short depending on how much the laptop has been used.

also what would you use the laptop for ? 

1 minute ago, manlykeweaver465 said:

but dont forget the laptop will have a laptop version of an i7 which means it may not have the same performance as your desktop i5, also another thing to consider is that lithium ion batteries lose capacity over time so if your buying a used laptop and your out and about without access to an outlet battery life could be should depending on how much the laptop has been used.

also what would you use the laptop for ? 

music production

MF UH BEANS

you can get great deals at police auctions

85% off hp pavilion and it had 16gb ram instead of 4. working perfectly 15 months later.

Just now, aries757 said:

music production

im not too sure how intensive music production is on the CPU, but a laptop may be a good choice then if you need portability and you would be getting an SSD, as to selling your pc for 500 dollars id suggest looking at used computers in your area with similar specs to determine a price

im not too sure how intensive music production is on the CPU, but a laptop may be a good choice then if you need portability and you would be getting an SSD, as to selling your pc for 500 dollars id suggest looking at used computers in your area with similar specs to determine a price

As long as your using VST's without any fancy animations the limiting factor is genrally the speed of storage and amount of RAM

What DAW are you using as Pro Tools is relatively CPU heavy

My life

mainly more ram and cpu intensive. ok thanks!

MF UH BEANS

Just now, Himommies said:

As long as your using VST's without any fancy animations the limiting factor is genrally the speed of storage and amount of RAM

Just now, aries757 said:

mainly more ram and cpu intensive. ok thanks!

and storage lol..

MF UH BEANS

1 minute ago, aries757 said:

cpu intensive

As long as your not using 20 copys of ozone or Kontakt cpu dosen't honestly matter too much

My life

1 minute ago, aries757 said:

and storage lol..

ah in that case id go with a laptop then, just make sure it has adequate ram and a decent ssd :)