how to setup raid 0 hdd's to work in windows

Go to solution Solved by alpenwasser,

i think i phrased it wrongly i have set up hardware raid 0 (striped) on my 2 x 1 tb

but windows is detecting a 2tb hdd instead of 1tb

Well, isn't that exactly what's supposed to happen? RAID-0ing two 1 TB drives

together on the hardware level should display one 2 TB drive to the operating

system.

You can read more about it here.

Ok so i have a 780i sli doing raid 0 on two 1tb samsung drives, AND when i go into windows to set up the raid 0 and format it as ntfs stuff it tells me that the drive is 2tb. why does windows duuu this? should i be setting the format to 1tb in the drive format/creation or do i do the full 2 tb?

for now ill leave it as unallocated so i dont mess stuff up

edit

i have hardware raid which i have configured in boot/pre-windows 

post-8609-0-44099000-1386896456_thumb.pn

You cant create a hardware RAID0 from within windows

To set up a RAID0 correctly.  You firstly have to go into BIOS and change from AHCI to RAID modE, From there when the computer next boots there will be a key press sequence (Ctrl+L or somthing like that). This will bring you into the RAID ROM Menu.  From there you will create a new array with both drives (Word of advice DONT change the default settings for stripe size/sector side for RAID0 or windows wont like you).

Remember to set up a hardware Raid0 you WILL need to format both your HDD's so you will loose everything.

Also remember that you now have twice the failure rate so make backups constantly.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You cant create a hardware RAID0 from within windows

To set up a RAID0 correctly.  You firstly have to go into BIOS and change from AHCI to RAID modE, From there when the computer next boots there will be a key press sequence (Ctrl+L or somthing like that). This will bring you into the RAID ROM Menu.  From there you will create a new array with both drives (Word of advice DONT change the default settings for stripe size/sector side for RAID0 or windows wont like you).

Remember to set up a hardware Raid0 you WILL need to format both your HDD's so you will loose everything.

Also remember that you now have twice the failure rate so make backups constantly.

i think i phrased it wrongly i have set up hardware raid 0 (striped) on my 2 x 1 tb

system.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

system.

HAHHAHA thanks i completely forgot because ive been dealing with my raid 1 on my nas recently i completely forgot xD 

HAHHAHA thanks i completely forgot because ive been dealing with my raid 1 on my nas recently i completely forgot xD

Haha, no problem mate, it happens. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic