Renderstation for work

Hello All,

I'm a bit in a bind, at work we have made a small mistake with the PC power needed by a "3d Animator".

Bit of context:

We are a company that design our own Lasercutters(like the one last shown in the video from Linus but then a bit bigger :-)) Since we design ourselves and our number 1 concern is Customer care instead of sales. (We really want our customers to sell our machine's instead of us, so they need to be impressed) but lasers are sometimes hard to explain so we want to make allot of 3d animation tutorial videos.

we already started with a Beam alignment Animation and that went well till we started with the rendering. then we were a bit shocked. now we hijack everybody's pc on the Content department (4 PC's in total)  and it still takes 2 weeks rendering (24/7)

the used PC's are:

HP Workstation Z240:

E3-1245v5: 4 Core - 8 threads, 3.50GHz (3.90GHz turbo), 32GB/512SSD/2TB/AMD-W5100

with 1 of the 4 stations with a Nvidia Quadro P2000 that was the first hope jump

so now we want to Buy a new render pc all together to make sure that we can render quicker and thus make more animations per time.

we asked our ict supplier and he said this would be a good setup:

HP Workstation Z840:                                  2xE5-2680v4: 14 Core - 28 threads, 2.40GHz (3.30GHz turbo), 32GB/512SSD/NVIDIA Quadro P6000 24GBGDDR5X

but I really want to know if it's a good investment. Rendering is not my ICT passion point so I don't know what the performance increase will be in real life.

what now take's 2 weeks how long will it take then?

are there other good systems we can think of? price is a bit of a vague issue. if the results make it that its cheaper in the long term then the initial costs aren't a real problem, only a discussion point.

the Z240 costs us €2000.- excl tax and the Z840 costs us €13,000.- so those are the indication prices. we are stated in the Netherlands.

is there anyone here that knows enough about 3d rendering in 3dmax and is a pc builder that can assist us in a good pc that will reduce the render times from 2 weeks to allot shorter.

(rendersettings used  are in the attachments)

currently, so the render times are on average 1week rendering give's on average 4 seconds video.

Render settings.jpg

So right now you are processing 4 renders in parallel on the 4 Z240s? Or are they somehow connected to a cluster? 

Because honestly the best price/performance would be to get a Threadripper 1950X, a cheap mobo and some ram for it, then build the whole thing 10x to be at roughly 13000€ of the Z840 while having 160 cores instead of 28, but in 10 systems instead of one. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

we are now rendering individual batches. we installed 3ds max on every pc and then set a render queue as individual on every pc. we wanted to look at a cluster but as of now we didn't have the time for it yet.

But does Threadripper scale 3dsmax rendering as good as a Xeon? we now use the Mentalray Render engine together with the Quadro card.