Ergonomic Mice for Macs?

wintercat

My mom came to me with a tech question I've never had to answer before. She's looking for an alternative to the Magic Mouse 2, which I assume came with her fancy new Mac my dad got her for Christmas. I've never looked into ergonomic mice/mice alternatives before, and especially not anything for macs, so I thought I would ask if you guys have any recommendations. I don't even know where to start with this topic, so any products you can think of that could apply would be great, so I can research and narrow it down from there. I think mice alternatives like trackballs could be worth looking into, because if I remember correctly she's very limited on desk space so having something with non-lateral control like the Magic Mouse or a trackball could be useful.

Macs have USB, and the U in USB stands for Universal, so there is no reason to look for anything Mac specific ;)

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Macs have USB, and the U in USB stands for Universal, so there is no reason to look for anything Mac specific ;)

Fair. The only reason I asked it that way is because I have no idea if stuff like the Magic Mouse with its gesture based use works universally. I don't even know if there's anything third party like it.

Just now, wintercat said:

Fair. The only reason I asked it that way is because I have no idea if stuff like the Magic Mouse with its gesture based use works universally. I don't even know if there's anything third party like it.

Nah, the Magic mouse and trackpad are pretty much unique in that regard. You'll have to just get a regular non-gesture mouse.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Buy a mouse that is designed for Human being not penguin.

Trust me that mouse is ergonomic nightmare.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

14 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Penguin! LOL

Yep and good luck trying to use it while charging it.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore