RAM not running at the advertised speed?

Hey guys, my current 16 GB 3000 MHz RAM stick cannot post past 2800 MHz. It is a Team Delta tdtrd416g3000hc16cdc01. It is specifically mentioned to be supported by my motherboard: Asus prime b350 plus, why won't my computer post when I switched the frequency from 2133 to 2933?

Are you on the latest BIOS?

I had a similar problem with my build, I just simply updated my BIOS version on my motherboard and my RAM worked fine at its intended speeds.

I should be. I updated the BIOS this past two weeks when I built my computer.

1 minute ago, Draconid said:

I had a similar problem with my build, I just simply updated my BIOS version on my motherboard and my RAM worked fine at its intended speeds.

I updated my BIOS this past two weeks when I built it

Just now, komputeridiat said:

I should be. I updated the BIOS this past two weeks when I built my computer.

You may have to wait until there's a BIOS version which supports the intended speeds on your RAM, luckily for my motherboard, an update had literally came out the day I assembled my build which improved ram support.

3 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Are you on the latest BIOS?

Updated the BIOS past two weeks when I built it.

Just now, Draconid said:

You may have to wait until there's a BIOS version which supports the intended speeds on your RAM, luckily for my motherboard, an update had literally came out the day I assembled my build which improved ram support.

But this RAM is already listed to be specifically supported, even the speed.

Just now, Draconid said:

What's its intended speed and configuration? 

3000 MHz and 2x8 GB. I inserted into the gray slots as per instruction, so not right next to each other.

Vender / Part No. / Size / SS/DS / Chip Brand / Chip NO. / Timing / Voltage / RAM SPEED /  Supported Speed* with 7th Generation Aseries/Athlon™ Processors

TEAM  / TDTRD416G3000HC16CDC01 / 16GB(8GB*2) / DS / Samsung S / 16-18-18-38 / 1.35V / 3000 / 2133

key phrase: Supported Speed* with 7th Generation Aseries/Athlon™ Processors

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3000 MHz and 2x8 GB. I inserted into the gray slots as per instruction, so not right next to each other.

It should be working, try contacting the RAM manufacturers about the situation and it could be you have a faulty kit.

it ain't faulty. It's not supported by ryzen memory controllers to OC according to the QVL. For that matter, it's not supported to OC to 3000 MHz on Athlons either.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Vender / Part No. / Size / SS/DS / Chip Brand / Chip NO. / Timing / Voltage / RAM SPEED /  Supported Speed* with 7th Generation Aseries/Athlon™ Processors

TEAM  / TDTRD416G3000HC16CDC01 / 16GB(8GB*2) / DS / Samsung S / 16-18-18-38 / 1.35V / 3000 / 2133

key phrase: Supported Speed* with 7th Generation Aseries/Athlon™ Processors

So can't work with Ryzen??

It'll work its just the motherboard doesn't support the RAM at those intended speeds, I recommend getting a different kit. 

Clearly it does, just not at the speed you want.

System specs:

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

it ain't faulty. It's not supported by ryzen memory controllers to OC according to the QVL.

Where do you check that? The AMD provided list, I thought, is not up to date.

1 minute ago, Draconid said:

It'll work its just the motherboard doesn't support the RAM at those intended speeds, I recommend getting a different kit. 

The motherboard specifically mentioned this kit to be supported.

3 minutes ago, komputeridiat said:

Where do you check that? The AMD provided list, I thought, is not up to date.

it may not be, but considering the vast array of memory modules available, that's the best resource we (the tech community at large) can come up with.

Here's Asus' QVL for that MB.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_B350-PLUS/PRIME_B350-PLUS_Memory_QVL_20170704.pdf?_ga=2.77171409.598342883.1514393470-1362715344.1491323250

1 minute ago, komputeridiat said:

The motherboard specifically mentioned this kit to be supported.

And where was that stated? I mean, IT DOES WORK, just not at the speeds you expected or desired.

System specs:

6 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

it may not be, but considering the vast array of memory modules available, that's the best resource we (the tech community at large) can come up with.

Here's Asus' QVL for that MB.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_B350-PLUS/PRIME_B350-PLUS_Memory_QVL_20170704.pdf?_ga=2.77171409.598342883.1514393470-1362715344.1491323250

And where was that stated? I mean, IT DOES WORK, just not at the speeds you expected or desired.

Highlighted purpleDwkwJT0.jpg

1 minute ago, komputeridiat said:

Highlighted purpleDwkwJT0.jpg

and in what section is that listing from? Hint: It's not the Ryzen section.

System specs:

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

and in what section is that listing from? Hint: It's not the Ryzen section.

...I did not notice that at all. I cannot believe how much a pain building a computer is. Is there absolutely no way to run it a 2933 Mhz?

20 minutes ago, Draconid said:

Just found out that this is not support :( because I didn't notice the tiny details on the motherboard QVL page.