Minimum Benchmark for Server

Hi we want to star some file sharing site and i would like to go on Refurbished hardware.so i would like to know what is the minimum score that a server processor should have?

i know its so stupid as it depends on Activity ,ram installed, isp speed and all.

But its real bad If we wasted money on useless grade servers for this.

have a look at this

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Xeon+X5650+%40+2.67GHz

Is it worth for being a File sharing server 

since we are new and expecting maximum 100 clients at  a time

It's just not really possible to answer a question like that. Just simply things like e.g. will you be using a software-RAID or hardware-Raid, or a separate storage-rack entirely, changes things a lot, and then what sorts of file-operations will you be allowing your users to perform, like e.g. just uploading, downloading and deleting files, or editing them in-place, streaming and all that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

It's just not really possible to answer a question like that. Just simply things like e.g. will you be using a software-RAID or hardware-Raid, or a separate storage-rack entirely, changes things a lot, and then what sorts of file-operations will you be allowing your users to perform, like e.g. just uploading, downloading and deleting files, or editing them in-place, streaming and all that.

a site like mediafire

uploads

downloads 

and ads

and finally payment to uploader from revenue generated by ads