A New Build for my wife

chriskell33

Greetings! I am new to the community and I have been watching Linus' videos for about a year now. Now I am finally deciding to now reach out for help. I am looking to make a build for my wife and normally that would be pretty simple except she wants everything RGB and "to look like a unicorn pooped inside it." With that theme in mind I am coming for advice on a part list. So let me fill out the basics so I can get help.

Budget: 1500
Resolution: 1080p
Games / Settings Desired: Mostly WoW, Diablo 3, and basic web browsing. Ultra 60 fps+
Parts that can be reused: Not really, she is getting all brand new stuff minus a keybaord, however I have to buy a keyboard to replace my own.
Do you need an OS? Yes
Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? Yes, but these can be just bang for buck as I have an RGB for my own use that I can give to her.

So far I have attached what I got but I have hit my max budget and don't have keyboard, mouse and other things. I know 1500 is enough but I can't make it work myself so I come to everyone for your help. Thank you in advance!!!!! Also Happy Holidays! I am open to all suggestions and anything really. Thank you :)

www.pcpartpicker.com/list/RMHfYr is the link to what i have so far.

A few things.

1) 1050ti will be plenty for your use needs, saves some money.

2)  The case is probably overkill. There are definitely cases around the $60-$70 mark that would be great. NZXT S340 Elite comes immediately to mind.

3) SSD, please add an SSD, she'll thank you later

4) Peripherals Cooler Master stuff. *Not mechanical, don't know if that matters.

5) Cablemod light strips are great, inexpensive ways to make it look like a Unicorn lost itself all over your case

6) You don't need 6 fans, 3 will suffice for basically any case. (2 in front, 1 in back)

EDIT: Windows 10 can run on your computer unactivated, there will just be a watermark in the lower right corner and you can't access the personalization menu

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Thank you for responding. So I switched some thing up like you said. The case is what she wants so no change in that. And I have seen, and read a lot of reviews that it has terrible cooling, which is the reason why I wanted so many case fans for the build. I have also convinced her to hold of on Windows for a second so we will see. again thanks for the help. This is what I have after your suggestions. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KtzyD8

The best way to light up the inside of the case is with RGB LED strips. I think Phanteks, Cablemod and BitFenix make some. For 1080p60, a 1060 6GB is about where you want to be. Alternatively, a 1070. 

This list is assuming you'll use rebates

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($197.39 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($108.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - Night Hawk RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($181.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB ROG STRIX Video Card  ($299.59 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair - Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus - PCE-AC55BT B1 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($33.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Monitor: Lenovo - L24q 23.8" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor  ($159.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1251.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-26 23:23 EST-0500

:)