What's my gaming bottleneck on my laptop?

My laptop (HP Elitebook 8440p) is experiencing low FPS on minecraft and other games. When I looked at the CPU and ram usage neither of them were topping out at 100% (CPU: 30-50% usage, Ram: 79-80% usage). I am wondering what might be causing the low FPS? Would upgrading the ram help since that is the highest percent usage? It does not have a dedicated graphics card, so I don't know why the integrated graphics aren't utilizing 100% of the CPU. How should I test for the bottleneck?

3 hours ago, Joshua K. said:

My laptop (HP Elitebook 8440p) is experiencing low FPS on minecraft and other games. When I looked at the CPU and ram usage neither of them were topping out at 100% (CPU: 30-50% usage, Ram: 79-80% usage). I am wondering what might be causing the low FPS? Would upgrading the ram help since that is the highest percent usage? It does not have a dedicated graphics card, so I don't know why the integrated graphics aren't utilizing 100% of the CPU. How should I test for the bottleneck?

what CPU is it? you can still have a bottleneck with low CPU usage. because of the game uses not many cores, you can bottleneck even at 30%. minecraft happens to only really use one core. mainly

8 minutes ago, Synawke said:

what CPU is it? you can still have a bottleneck with low CPU usage. because of the game uses not many cores, you can bottleneck even at 30%. minecraft happens to only really use one core. mainly

A quick google comes up with 1st gen i5 dual core, some turd gpu and tiny HDD.

https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-elitebook-8440p-14-core-i5-520m-windows-7-pro-xp-pro-downgrade-2-gb-ram-250-gb-hdd-series/specs/

Lol. Is there anyway to increase the performance?

other than setting power settings to high performance. closing all other applications when playing the game and making sure the laptop has the maximum airflow available. not really. 

5 minutes ago, Synawke said:

other than setting power settings to high performance. closing all other applications when playing the game and making sure the laptop has the maximum airflow available. not really. 

So you wouldn't recommend getting a ram upgrade? Would it improve render distance in minecraft? 

So you wouldn't recommend getting a ram upgrade? Would it improve render distance in minecraft? 

If you only have 2 gigs. getting 4 would be fairly easy and cheap. but i doubt it would do much for minecraft

4 minutes ago, Synawke said:

If you only have 2 gigs. getting 4 would be fairly easy and cheap. but i doubt it would do much for minecraft

Okay. Thanks for the help!