Good looking RAM for a decent price

SUPER_MOOSE93

i have just finished pricing up how much it will cost  to upgrade my PC, and it seems a bit too steep. £755 after shipping 

The motherboard, Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F, is only £183. This feel like a good price. The intel i7 8700k is £350, once again this feels about right 

My problem is with the ram i want. The G.SKILL 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Trident Z RGB, it works out at £217 and I know the price has been hiked up by about £60 since i last checked a couple of months ago. is the difference between 3200mhz and something a little slower really that noticeable? 

i would preferably like something with rgb but would be happy to settle with nice looking ram that fits in with my build. i am looking to have the strix z370-f motherboard to go with my strix 1080ti so something black would be more suited

this is the build i would like to end up with part list

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, SUPER_MOOSE93 said:

The motherboard, Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F, is only £183.

Get a cheaper motherboard.  That's a really expensive one.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 hour ago, SUPER_MOOSE93 said:

i have just finished pricing up how much it will cost  to upgrade my PC, and it seems a bit too steep. £755 after shipping 

The motherboard, Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F, is only £183. This feel like a good price. The intel i7 8700k is £350, once again this feels about right 

My problem is with the ram i want. The G.SKILL 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Trident Z RGB, it works out at £217 and I know the price has been hiked up by about £60 since i last checked a couple of months ago. is the difference between 3200mhz and something a little slower really that noticeable? 

i would preferably like something with rgb but would be happy to settle with nice looking ram that fits in with my build. i am looking to have the strix z370-f motherboard to go with my strix 1080ti so something black would be more suited

this is the build i would like to end up with part list

If you don't already own that cooler you want something better for the 8700K as it runs very hot when clocked. I would suggest something like an Alpenfohn Brocken 3 as you can use tall ram with it or something from Cryorig such as the H5 Universal.

A 650W psu is enough for your build. Look at the Seasonic Focus as it is usually well priced compared to other good units.

I would drop the WD Black and just get a regular HDD such as a Seagate Green label or any other 7200rpm HDD.

9 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Get a cheaper motherboard.  That's a really expensive one.

what would you recommend? 

5 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

If you don't already own that cooler you want something better for the 8700K as it runs very hot when clocked. I would suggest something like an Alpenfohn Brocken 3 as you can use tall ram with it or something from Cryorig such as the H5 Universal.

A 650W psu is enough for your build. Look at the Seasonic Focus as it is usually well priced compared to other good units.

I would drop the WD Black and just get a regular HDD such as a Seagate Green label or any other 7200rpm HDD.

i own everything but the ram, motherboard, and cpu. i might look at water cooled cpu in the future 

19 minutes ago, SUPER_MOOSE93 said:

what would you recommend? 

get an asrock extreme4, saves some money and still very good.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W