Nvidia G-Sync review {anandtech}

RespawnCake

Thanks I guess...also I do fully quite understand the fully use of Nvidia's G-Sync technology...what the heck :) I'll read it anyway.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Can't wait till the second generation of G-Sync monitors for 4K comes out. Although G-Sync isn't officially out yet till around probably 2014 February I guess.  The high-end laptops using nvidia's gpu/monitor processors will benefit for more from these technologies.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Can't wait till there's a IPS with g-sync this spring

Aselwyn1

Can't wait till the second generation of G-Sync monitors for 4K comes out. Although G-Sync isn't officially out yet till around probably 2014 February I guess.  The high-end laptops using nvidia's gpu/monitor processors will benefit for more from these technologies.

Nvidia said that they want diffrent resolutions up to 4k on release.

RTX2070OC 

Nvidia said that they want diffrent resolutions up to 4k on release.

Sure I guess... what kinda are you suggesting as they're are only 4K which is 3840*2160, 2.5K which is obviously a change in more pixels in length in a 16:10/16:9 configuration and full hd.

Your location is funny :)

8K is probably and definitely fact "out of the question" :3

For me, best thing about G-Snyc is the fact that GPU starts drawing immediatelly after its drawn, without waiting for next refresh. Just like with V-Sync off

No performance loss, no frame loss

cant wait for a 1440p İPS/PLS panel with G-SYNC to realse  :rolleyes:

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I was originally planning on upgrading my system once Gsync came out (currently need a new monitor and GPU), but I decided to upgrade the GPU to a 780, and buying a Korean 1440 display. I think the IPS without Gsync right now is going to improve what I do mainly more than a lower res TN panel.

If they come out with the 1440 Gsync panels the the future I can add it to my rig and run dual monitors, with one being the gsync for gaming, and the other korean model as a secondary display.

You can OC the Korean up a bit you know.

Hmm, so gsync is technically $120 from $280 to $400. But let's say installing etc takes $10-$20. So itself should be around $100.

Like what anandtech said this might not be viable for most.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

It's great to see G-Sync doing exactly what it says it does, as well as a slightly more low-level explanation from Anandtech.  Makes me even more excited to get my hands on it. :D

The fact that it stops working below 30FPS is somewhat disappointing, but I personally would turn down my graphical settings regardless if my framerate was dipping that low.  And it's a Gen 1 product; I'm sure such a thing will be remedied in the near future.

Here's a technology for which I'm extremely eager to be an early adopter.  I'll certainly be upgrading my graphics card and grabbing a G-Sync monitor ASAP.  I'll be totally cool with TN and 1920x1080 for now.

And I'm even more excited for the future, where we'll hopefully see 2560x1440 120Hz monitors enabled by DisplayPort 1.3, GeForce GTX 800 series, and new revisions of the G-Sync technology.  Oh I get giddy just thinking about it. :lol:

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

cant wait for a 1440p İPS/PLS panel with G-SYNC to realse  :rolleyes:

This and with LG branding and i will be one happy consumer.

I am most interested in seeing this 30-60FPS variance going from a 1080p IPS. I see the variance all the time...but not so much this 'stuttering' unless that's the fps jumping up and down or something. Rather would like a sustained 48 over 30-60.