PHONE SAYING SD CARD FULL WHEN I HAVE 60GB LEFT

My htc m8s is saying that my SD card is full, but when i go into storage it is saying that i have over 60GB left (It is a 64GB sd card). Please help. Also, some apps i copy onto the SD card are corrupted and don't work. When i try and copy songs onto it from my windows 10 laptop the speed is acceptable for the first 5 secs or so, but then it drops to about 0.5MB/S. When i go to play the songs, they are not there. Please help

you cant use an sd card as app storage effectively tbh

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

22 minutes ago, brandonmufc06 said:

My htc m8s is saying that my SD card is full, but when i go into storage it is saying that i have over 60GB left (It is a 64GB sd card). Please help. Also, some apps i copy onto the SD card are corrupted and don't work. When i try and copy songs onto it from my windows 10 laptop the speed is acceptable for the first 5 secs or so, but then it drops to about 0.5MB/S. When i go to play the songs, they are not there. Please help

Sounds like a fake SD card, or maybe defective.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

SD cards have surprisingly high failure rates. could be that.

if problems still occur after a reformat of the drive, it's likely dying.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

16 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

Sounds like a fake SD card, or maybe defective.

^ this

@brandonmufc06 how much did you pay and where did you get it??

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I got it of ebay for £15. I know its cheap but i didnt have a lot of money at the time and i am saving up for a new phone.

Download the tool H2testw and test your SD card, chances are it's only a 16GB.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !