End of NVIDIA Driver Support for 32-bit Operating Systems

matrix07012
8 hours ago, 2Buck said:

Who would even be using 32 bit on modern hardware??? WHY??? I can understand wanting to keep 32 bit stuff around for nerds like me that like to play around with old hardware, but why in the hell is it necessary to support modern GPUs on 32 Windows? What, for that sick 1080ti SLI machine with a Pentium 4? Okay, on second though that would actually be fucking hilarious.

OEMs could lock out UEFI with Windows 7 and 8 32bit and still advertised as Windows x compatible, they couldn't with the 64bit versions. Supposedly, that changed with 10, but 32bit is also a good way to lock low end machines into not running softwares like Photoshop 64bit and then crashing/dying after 15 minutes/ slowing to a crawl.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, emosun said:

good job typing that novel , all of which i know more than you about.

my statement isn't wrong . something simply being 32bit has nothing to do with stability , performance , or safety

Do you have  a superiority complex? quote me when you're informed, you are talking about something else entirely, you provide no arguments, no examples and act like know it all/better, its insulting for anyone's intelligence to talk like that.

A program printing hello world in a loop compiled with 32 bit or 64 bit will no bloody difference so yes in that sense 32 bit has nothing to do with perf or stability.

But real world large programs properly making use of 64 bit will be better than 32 bit on one side, on the other i will keep my statement that having 2 susbystem's of 32/64bit libraries will require more maintenance, support and higher cost, not to mention it bloats the system with unrequired libraries. Which bring me right back to the topic that nvidia is doing a great thing abandoding 32 bit "support", that support part costs money and can be error prone to new security,stability or performance bugs.

Having just 64 bit os/drivers/programs would be more lightweight and reduce the total ammount of dead code siting there to support dead technology.

It seems to me you are just trolling.

4 minutes ago, yian88 said:

It seems to me you are just trolling.

Stating that bitrate alone has very little to do with stability, performance , and safety , isn't trolling.

Now what you're doing , typing long drawn out responses as if a simple fact somehow affects you in any way would definitely fall more along those lines. 

16 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

Seriously what is up with people hating on windows 10.

Yes its gathering data constantly, but it's also giving the user a better experience than any of the older OS.

The data collection and spying are facts. Whether or not you like the user experience is a personal preference.