Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

joined the group under the name BrandonS, i will do my best to fold as much as possible, this is a good cause.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

joined the group under the name BrandonS, i will do my best to fold as much as possible, this is a good cause.

nice to have you onboard, welcome to the team.

Joined yesterday after the stream and I'm using the Chrome plugin to fold. Pretty good plugin to be fair and super easy to set up. I figured that since I spend so much time on the web I might as well have it in one of the tabs. Joined the LTT team as damikiller37 as per usual :)

Joined too (forums and Folding) after watching the latest WAN show, the Chrome plugin is so dead easy to use.

From now on, I'm just keeping the tab active whenever I'm browsing web or watching youtube :)

Joined too (forums and Folding) after watching the latest WAN show, the Chrome plugin is so dead easy to use.

From now on, I'm just keeping the tab active whenever I'm browsing web or watching youtube :)

i haven't tried the plugin but im pretty darn certain it's just as easy to use the normal client, it literally takes a couple of minutes to install if even that, it's nice to see that the plugin makes it seem more approachable so that people are joining, welcome to the team.

let's all unite for a common cause in the name of science!

Hey guys I have joined the folding team now, I am only a couple % into my first WU but I can already see this being totally addictive for me in the pursuit of giant e-peen, but also something I can do that's actually worth while, and involves literally no effort. I am using the chrome plugin right now, but I will switch to the standard client after this WU.

Also I'm sort of glad I went to the hassle of OC'ing my CPU now that it actually has a purpose. What a fantastic cause.

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

Hey guys I have joined the folding team now, I am only a couple % into my first WU but I can already see this being totally addictive for me in the pursuit of giant e-peen, but also something I can do that's actually worth while, and involves literally no effort. I am using the chrome plugin right now, but I will switch to the standard client after this WU.

Also I'm sort of glad I went to the hassle of OC'ing my CPU now that it actually has a purpose. What a fantastic cause.

yeah, the concept behind it is great, you could also have a look at boinc, it's very similar to folding, while folding is one unified project made by a university boinc is a collection of various different projects, you can choose beetwen which ones you want to contribute to, be it mathematics, physics, medical science etc, it's awesome that you can use your computer to help scientists gather data to increase our understanding of the world.

Joined today through the Chrome plugin, and using both my main and secondary computer to work for the team. About six workloads done today, but updating is somewhat slow. Anyway, nice to be part of it all.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Welcome to all the new members - great to see you.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

omg so new members welcome :) i am going to fold now till 25 000 000 points :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I've just joined, and I'm getting about 2,311 PPD on medium/light. Not sure if this is good?

ive started folding now gpu and cpu, (r9 290, 4770k) just wondering is it safe to fold cpu whilst i browse the web (youtube) and light applications? or should i disable the cpu folding whilst im using it? 

Thanks.

I just joined. I'll fold for as long as I can per day. I can't do it all the time. But I'll do my best. 

Joined yesterday after the stream and I'm using the Chrome plugin to fold. Pretty good plugin to be fair and super easy to set up. I figured that since I spend so much time on the web I might as well have it in one of the tabs. Joined the LTT team as damikiller37 as per usual :)

Joined today through the Chrome plugin, and using both my main and secondary computer to work for the team. About six workloads done today, but updating is somewhat slow. Anyway, nice to be part of it all.

Welcome all to the Fold :) Good too see lots of new members.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

how do i join the team?

This guide will help http://folding.stanford.edu/home/guide enter team 223518

You can use the chrome app

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Hey guys i joined the folding team I cant do it all the time but i'll do my best

Hey guys i joined the folding team I cant do it all the time but i'll do my best

Welcome to the Fold :)

Welcome!

Glad to be a part. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

done

Constantly folded since the google chrome addon was showcased on the livestream, currently at 700 something place,

Only CPU folding but 24/7 instead.

Constantly folded since the google chrome addon was showcased on the livestream, currently at 700 something place,

Only CPU folding but 24/7 instead, at what score do you get your forum badge ?.

it is in a faq somwhere, please don't use this thread for badge related questions, the badge will be awarded when it is appropriate, if anything it would be best to Pm whaler about it.

welcome to the team.

you can always fold during the night ;).

Only CPU folding but 24/7 instead.

So my first day folding got 43,000 points. ( gpu 20.000 almost done).

Going to try fold most weekends.

If you read the same things as others and say the same things they say, then you're perceived as intelligent.

I'm a bit more radical... Woz

So my first day folding got 43,000 points. ( gpu 20.000 almost done).

Going to try fold most weekends.

Nice! My GPU gets 80 000 PPD and my CPU, 10 000 but with bonus points I get 110K PPD :D

it wasn't running 24 hrs. thats just what i got. it says my total PPD is 150,000 ( i don't believe that probably closer too 100). Might have it run for a day to see.

How can i get rid of my Rookie status? 

Also what is better using the chrome app for cpu or the desktop app?

If you read the same things as others and say the same things they say, then you're perceived as intelligent.

I'm a bit more radical... Woz