Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Hey Guys, just joined the team :) I am folding with a 7970Ghz @ 1200mhz on the core and 1550mhz on the memory and with a 3770k @ 3,9Ghz :) I'm getting arround 155k PPD last time i checked :D lets bring this team to #1 !!

Greetings from Germany, my english isn't that good, but i want to help out :)

*Edit    just ramped the 3770k up to 4,2 Ghz @ 1.15V... my H60 handles it without any drama

Welcome to the gang.Just watches those OC's, esp on the GPU - Folding is very picky about that. If GPU folds fails, eliminate the OC first to test. Hopefully works ok.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

How much would a 8400GS and a gts210 provide? I have them and was wondering if it was worth it :P probably not right...

As I always say, every little bit helps. If it isn't doing anything else, let er fold! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Getting a 280x for a early christmas present. Hopefully that'll help my PPD a lot!

Getting a 280x for a early christmas present. Hopefully that'll help my PPD a lot!

look up the performance of a 7970 and that will give you an estimate.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

For some reason, during the last few months my folding is not contributing to the LTT team. I don't know how but I don't think that 223518 is the team number. Can someone post it?

I just got my self a R9 290 instead of the 290X I preordered that never came.

Here are some numbers for the first WU after completing 20%.

Estimated credit 30913

Estimated PPD 128718

Average GPU Core Clock 910 MHz with 5.4% overclock and 999.1 MHz max overclock.

GPU Memory Clock 1262.5 MHz

Average GPU temperature 89´C and target temp 95´C . Stays at 92´C most of the time

Fan speed average 47% with max speed 51% and target set to 100%

For some reason, during the last few months my folding is not contributing to the LTT team. I don't know how but I don't think that 223518 is the team number. Can someone post it?

that is the number for the team.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

How many WU's do you have to complete to get a badge?

I've had over 80+ for a while... before the badges even started. and 110 atm Guess im just getting looked over

Send Windspeed a message, he will sort it out, there is a lot of folders and he probably missed you by accident.

Before I jump into the Linus Folding team, I need a few issued sorted out.

I have a 3770K@4.6GHz 1.232V and a GTX 670 4GB Card. I have been looking around on other forums seeing people being able to pull around 39k PPD. Now my issue here is that my 670 is only pulling 19k PPD. 

What am I doing wrong here?

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

Before I jump into the Linus Folding team, I need a few issued sorted out.

I have a 3770K@4.6GHz 1.232V and a GTX 670 4GB Card. I have been looking around on other forums seeing people being able to pull around 39k PPD. Now my issue here is that my 670 is only pulling 19k PPD. 

What am I doing wrong here?

Do you have flags set up for your GPU to get core17 WU? Also with Nvidia cards you are still getting a lot of core15 WU that give you less points. Many people are getting core15 and not much core17 WU. There is no set amount of points a person gets because they have the same set up as everyone, everyone gets different points.

Do you have flags set up for your GPU to get core17 WU? Also with Nvidia cards you are still getting a lot of core15 WU that give you less points. Many people are getting core15 and not much core17 WU. There is no set amount of points a person gets because they have the same set up as everyone, everyone gets different points.

I have set under the Extra slot options on my GPU slot client-beta and the log reads. 

Connecting to www.standford.edu:80

FahCore 17: Downloading 2.55MiB

FahCore 17: 68.62%

FahCore 17: Download complete

Valid core signature 

FS00:Exception: Failed to open 'cores/www.stanford.edu/~pande/Win32/AMD64/NVIDIA/Fermi/beta/Core_17.fah/FahCore_17.exe': Failed to open 'cores/www.stanford.edu/~pande/Win32/AMD64/NVIDIA/Fermi/beta/Core_17.fah/FahCore_17.exe': Access is denied.

ERRORWU00:FS00:: Access is denied.

I typed that btw so just ignore any spelling errors. The log then just continues to save the configuration.

Am I doing something wrong?

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

-snip-

make a new topic and post pictures of the client and what you have set up and that would be easier for us to help you.

make a new topic and post pictures of the client and what you have set up and that would be easier for us to help you.

K will do in just a moment.

any word yet on when the client will be updated for the new GPUs? My work units on my 290x are still failing. 

Hey guys, been reading and hearing lots of good stuff about folding so thought i'd give it a go!
At the moment i'm just folding on my "home server" using a I5-2300 and a Nvidia 8500gt and i'll get my main system running as fast as i can with a I7 930 @ 3,2Ghz and a Gtx 670! 

Hey guys, been reading and hearing lots of good stuff about folding so thought i'd give it a go!

At the moment i'm just folding on my "home server" using a I5-2300 and a Nvidia 8500gt and i'll get my main system running as fast as i can with a I7 930 @ 3,2Ghz and a Gtx 670! 

How many PPD do you get with the 8500GT? :)

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

How many PPD do you get with the 8500GT? :)

I don't know at the moment could chek abit later when i get back from class! ;)

any word yet on when the client will be updated for the new GPUs? My work units on my 290x are still failing. 

Check the FAQ for the link - download the new GPU Whitelist file - copy it your data directory, then reboot - hopefully that will help.

Welcome to the team!

I just got my self a R9 290 instead of the 290X I preordered that never came.

Here are some numbers for the first WU after completing 20%.

Estimated credit 30913

Estimated PPD 128718

Average GPU Core Clock 910 MHz with 5.4% overclock and 999.1 MHz max overclock.

GPU Memory Clock 1262.5 MHz

Average GPU temperature 89´C and target temp 95´C . Stays at 92´C most of the time

Fan speed average 47% with max speed 51% and target set to 100%

MAN those suckers get HOT.