Lower Overclock Less Temp But Same Vcore?

Ok if someone please can shed some light on this, so I overclocked my i9 7900x at 4.7GHz at 1.20v at full load using Aida64 for 10 minutes   the highest temp was 84c. So I lowered my overclock ONLY  to 4.4GHz and kept the same cpu Vcore of 1.20v. Run on full load again using Aida64 for 10 minutes settings were the same nothing changed but this  time my highest temp was  75c ??? Know this was the same day, room temp was the same also but why the difference in temps when the Vcore was never changed? So does this mean temps really matter on how high or low the overclocks are and less to do with Vcore?

Both clock speed and voltage effect temps in my experience.

i9-10900K, Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WiFi, Asus TUF RTX3080, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz CL14

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, EVGA Supernova 850W G3, Asus Xonar DGX

Fractal Design Define C TG, Noctua NH-U14S, Asus PG279Q 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz

something to do with the CPU not actually using the full 1.2V? did you check that it was actually using 1.2V @ 4.4Ghz?

EDIT: lower clock speeds will also put less load on the cpu

42 minutes ago, Prqnk3d said:

something to do with the CPU not actually using the full 1.2V? did you check that it was actually using 1.2V @ 4.4Ghz?

EDIT: lower clock speeds will also put less load on the cpu

Voltage was the same checked in CPU-Z showing 1.20v am using "High Performance" in windows so voltage stays the same.

1 minute ago, Shadowman said:

Voltage was the same checked in CPU-Z showing 1.20v am using "High Performance" in windows so voltage stays the same.

oh, i guess its to do with there being less load on the cpu at lower frequencies then

3 minutes ago, Prqnk3d said:

oh, i guess its to do with there being less load on the cpu at lower frequencies then

This is true

Voltage is only half of the equation when looking at power consumption and heat output. Amperage increases with CPU load or clockspeed while the voltage remains the same and since wattage is calculated by multiplying voltage and amperage together the wattage used by the CPU increases too. Wattage is a unit of power, when wattage increases with load (amperage), clockspeed (amperage), or voltage the heat output increase too.

i9-10900K, Asus ROG STRIX Z590-E Gaming WiFi, Asus TUF RTX3080, 32GB G.Skill 3200MHz CL14

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, EVGA Supernova 850W G3, Asus Xonar DGX

Fractal Design Define C TG, Noctua NH-U14S, Asus PG279Q 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz