Can sweat damage computer mouse and keyboard?

WolfLoverPro

my hands have got a wired thing where they only sweat when i touch or near electronic idk why but wtf

just wonder if it can break the mouse or keyboard if it gets too much?

Id say dont worry about it unless you are leaving pools of sweat lol in which case, you should probably see a doctor if using a mouse causes a pool

1 minute ago, shayned1 said:

Id say dont worry about it unless you are leaving pools of sweat lol in which case, you should probably see a doctor if using a mouse causes a pool

well not ligit a pool but not loads but uUMMM idk ? like enough uhh idk how to explain engough if i wipe it dont a screen u would see it but not drips lol but they says sweeat is worse than water

TMI.... xD

Buut no it shouldn't.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, WolfLoverPro said:

well not ligit a pool but not loads but uUMMM idk ? like enough uhh idk how to explain engough if i wipe it dont a screen u would see it but not drips lol but they says sweeat is worse than water

Honestly i wouldn't worry about it sweat is worse than water if it gets on the circuit board but odds are you are fine

If it gets in contact with the PCBs inside of your devices, yes.(very unlikely)

But otherwise, it's mostly the oil on your finger that will cause damage (fading) to your keyboard and mouse.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, CryptoMatt said:

How old are you? I read a few of your posts and damn they lack a lot of stuff 

What do you mean lack a lot of stuff? I’m 17 but I am pretty lazy and uncaring of my sentences if that’s what ur meaning like my shitty English 

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

If it gets in contact with the PCBs inside of your devices, yes.(very unlikely)

But otherwise, it's mostly the oil on your finger that will cause damage (fading) to your keyboard and mouse.

Oh so that’s WHY ALL my keyboards I have keys fade so damn fast.?

2 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

What do you mean lack a lot of stuff? I’m 17 but I am pretty lazy and uncaring of my sentences if that’s what ur meaning like my shitty English 

you just seem very eccentric and you don't seem to think before you type, you just type your thoughts in the text box. 

1 hour ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Oh so that’s WHY ALL my keyboards I have keys fade so damn fast.?

probably yes. That's why you should get a keyboard with Double Shot Keycaps. They never fade because the lettering is a different colored piece of plastic/abs than the keycap itself.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

26 minutes ago, CryptoMatt said:

you just seem very eccentric and you don't seem to think before you type, you just type your thoughts in the text box. 

Well I mean I kinda do that yeah I type what I think instantly I don’t really plan it I just type so I don’t have to remember lol

8 hours ago, CryptoMatt said:

How old are you? I read a few of your posts and damn they lack a lot of stuff 

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT HAHAHAHAHA

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |