Google Glass Code Giveaway

Hey guys

So here's the deal. I got an invite to the google glass explorer program, but with me being in Great White North, and no access to a billing/shipping address with our American neighbours, I decided to give it away and there's no better way than to show our love for Linus Media group and their forum. Ideally it would be for someone who intends on/and has the means/method of getting it getting it.

Just a reminder that all Glass Explorers must:

• be US residents
  • be 18 years or older
  • purchase Glass
  • provide a US shipping address OR pick up their Glass at one of our locations in New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles

To win the code, you just have to leave a short comment here saying why you like Linus media group/LTT community and in 2 days (Saturday, December 14th @ 9AM EST), I'll use a random number generator to pick one of the posts as the winner.

The winner will get the code in a PM through the forum.

**Note** To get google glass, you have to buy it from google for 1500$ USD

**Note 2** The code expires on Tuesday, December 17th, 2013

Good luck to all!

I7-4770k 4.7Ghz 1.35v | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16GB Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz | 2x GTX Titan SLI

Custom Water Loop | Corsair AXi 1200w | Intel 530 series 240GB SSD | 1TB WD Black

Corsair Obsidian 900D | Sennheiser 558 | Ducky Shine Zero Cherry MX Brown w/ Orange Backlight | Func MS-3 | Dell U2141H x3

I want them so I can take creep shots without people knowing.

I like the LTT community because its a place to go and waste time, while helping others!

Edited by Purple

I want them so I can take creep shots without people knowing

Yeah I was looking forward to the bathroom experience 

I personally am an advocate of anything AR and VR related, so getting to actually use Google Glass would be a dream come true.

To win the code, you just have to leave a short comment here saying why you like Linus media group/LTT community

Wasn't it something different before? Either way, I would like to say something anyways.

First off, Linus Media Group makes some of the best unboxing and review videos on the Internet, at least from I've seen. I also really love their casual atmosphere and community interaction via this forum and the WAN Show.

Ad for the actual LTT community, you guys rock, seriously. There is another forum that I frequent besides LTT, but the community there is utter crap, not mature, and takes nothing seriously, which starts to get annoying and wears on you after a while. Luckily here on LTT there is far fewer of that. A lot of the people on here really are cool people to hang out with and talk to, and you know who you are.
;)

EDIT: I'll leave what I posted here, but I thought that this was actual Google Glass give away. So count me out.

COMIC SANS

To win the code, you just have to leave a short comment here saying why you like Linus media group/LTT community

I7-4770k 4.7Ghz 1.35v | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16GB Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz | 2x GTX Titan SLI

Custom Water Loop | Corsair AXi 1200w | Intel 530 series 240GB SSD | 1TB WD Black

Corsair Obsidian 900D | Sennheiser 558 | Ducky Shine Zero Cherry MX Brown w/ Orange Backlight | Func MS-3 | Dell U2141H x3

I like the community more now, but I like LTT cause he get's the latest stuff. fast, and he's not boring and doesn't breathe on his mic when he unboxes things.

Wooo time to bust out the CC for this bad boy lol

Wooo time to bust out the CC for this bad boy lol

Yeah I was looking forward to the bathroom experience 

I want them so I can take creep shots without people knowing

Just a heads up that leaving a comment will not enter you. Read what was written in bold, underlined and size 18 font plz in order to qualify.

Oh Google ... you remind me of the movie Dinner for Schmucks :)

(Don't count me)

Back in 2012, I was browsing for videos regarding different components and technology and saw a video that had been made by LinusTechTips. After watching the very informative and helpful video I decided to subscribe, the videos that Linus was producing at the time were 'different' then all the other unboxing/overview Youtubers. Till this day I have watched most of Linus's videos not because I need to, but because I enjoy watching them. I have learnt a lot from Linus.

Now, Linus and friends have produced an awesome community where I can turn to people for advise and I can assist people whenever I can. 

That is why I like Linus/Linus Media Group .  

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Just a heads up that leaving a comment will not enter you. Read what was written in bold, underlined and size 18 font plz in order to qualify.

I'd honestly be a waste to give it to, I'd use 1% of it's capacity  :P

give it to TopWargamer :)

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

I spend countless hours on here not for self gain. Not to somehow magically advance to CEO of Microsoft but to know at the end of the day, that maybe, i might have helped someone. 

When i first built my rig my only option of support was from TomsHardware (NOT SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THEM) but it WAS a different experience. i would sometimes wait days to get a build approved.

HERE, it takes 30min before someone either

• Helps and makes a build for suggested budget
  • suggests a cheaper build with same performance
  • or they find a better option for the same price 

this type of community is INSANE. its filled with knowledgeable people who take time out of their day to VOLUNTEER to help other people. 

At the end of the day i have not made a penny. I am just that guy with Hypnotoad as his avi and we all go to bed in our various countries with nothing to show for a hard days work grinding on the forums other than

Self satisfaction. 

The thought that knowing some kid is getting into a hobby that might revolutionize his life is what drives me to participate her on LTTforums. 

To me, this place is the home-grown computer club that Steve Wozniak first introduced Steve Jobs to. This is a place of learning and friendship. 

This is why we are all members here and this is why we cant leave. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Thanks, but I am unfortunately a poor college student =( lol

fixed

I wish I had a glass but I'm poor

I think Linus was the first one to actually interest me in the more hands on building part of computers, its not often that you find people like this that are able to interact with the audience and understand it from their perspective. And as for the LTT community, it has grown so much; I still remember watching the videos when Linus's hair was blonde and to see it come this far is absolutely amazing.

LTT has been my heart and soul since the beginning when it was just Linus and I have been apart of this forum and community since the Forum was officially open January 3rd of 2013. It has been a wonderful year for this forum and Community alike. Everyone here is so helpful and extremely fast at answering people questions. You have no idea how much this community means to me and all the people that are making this what it is, and I thank each and everyone of you for that.

I'm so exited to see this Communality grow larger then life it's self in the next couple of years ahead of us and I know it's going to be just as great as it is now.

Much love and respect to all LTT members and community alike . Every day it feels more and more like a true family on here :)

Sincerely,

ericlee30

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I love the LTT/LMG community because, you've guys helped me find my new hobby. You guys helped me learn almos everything I know about consumer tech. I have watched almost every LTT video, I go on the forums almost daily, to keep up with the daily tech updates and even for a nice laugh. This is truely an amazing group of people. :)

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

*Edited OP to make sure everyone knows that they are not getting Google glass: They are getting the chance to BUY Glass for $1500USD.*

There are many reasons I love LTT and I dont really wana write walls of text here but it is without a doubt the best forum ever with the best people I have ever seen on a forum. Its almost unbelievable how many nice and helpful people there are here(not all but 99.9% of the people are nice :) )

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I spend countless hours on here not for self gain. Not to somehow magically advance to CEO of Microsoft but to know at the end of the day, that maybe, i might have helped someone. 

When i first built my rig my only option of support was from TomsHardware (NOT SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THEM) but it WAS a different experience. i would sometimes wait days to get a build approved.

HERE, it takes 30min before someone either

• Helps and makes a build for suggested budget
  • suggests a cheaper build with same performance
  • or they find a better option for the same price 

this type of community is INSANE. its filled with knowledgeable people who take time out of their day to VOLUNTEER to help other people. 

At the end of the day i have not made a penny. I am just that guy with Hypnotoad as his avi and we all go to bed in our various countries with nothing to show for a hard days work grinding on the forums other than

Self satisfaction. 

The thought that knowing some kid is getting into a hobby that might revolutionize his life is what drives me to participate her on LTTforums. 

To me, this place is the home-grown computer club that Steve Wozniak first introduced Steve Jobs to. This is a place of learning and friendship. 

This is why we are all members here and this is why we cant leave. 

Your spoiler tag dun goofed so you have to roll down to get past you sig lol

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Congrats to _ASSASSIN_ for winning the random draw! I'll PM you the code. Thanks to everyone for participating.

@[member=Dave :)] thanks for editing it to make it more clear! :)

Quick enter!

Edit: 1 hour late -_-

i5-3570k l ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA1155 I G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM I Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB I Cooler Master Storm Enforcer I SeaSonic 620W I Windows 7

Haha, yea. Better luck next time? :P