Best Case for Air cooling

ReyazJunior

I'm not sure whether I will use a full-blown custom loop or a full-blown air cooling for keeping my PC chilly. For the water-cooled PC, I will use the Thermaltake Core P5 TG Snowflake edition. For the air-cooled system, I'm not quite sure. For air cooling, I will use a Noctua NH-D15S for the CPU, and an EVGA KingPin GTX 1080 Ti. That is final. Next, which case should I use for perfect air cooling? I don't quite like the CoolerMaster H500P, so that is out of question. I will also invest in a better motherboard (the Maximus X Hero instead of the Strix Z370-E). However, the money I am saving from the loop will compensate for the price bump in the motherboard and graphics card. I am using an i7-8700K.

the H500P would have been a poor choice for an airflow case, go for the silverstone RL06

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

HAF X?

I am not a big fan of the looks. 

14 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the H500P would have been a poor choice for an airflow case, go for the silverstone RL06

It is not really on par for the looks. 

6 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

Fractal Design Meshify C

anything more open and airflowy is close to an open air shoebox

I literally love the case. I am unable to find it anywhere in India. ?

6 minutes ago, ReyazJunior said:

Ok it's a great case

They have a tempered glass side version too! Suits me. But still, the Meshify C is a better option. Can't find it though, so I'll get the RL06.

Silverstone RL06 is THE BEST case for ariflow hands down.

11 minutes ago, ReyazJunior said:

well you asked FOR the best aircooling case, and thats the best one i know of. the H500P cant be considered an air cooling case, it just chokes everything

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well you asked FOR the best aircooling case, and thats the best one i know of. the H500P cant be considered an air cooling case, it just chokes everything

I hope someone sues Cooler Master for false marketing as High Airflow is literally the opposite to that case's design xD:D

The Phanteks Enthoo Pro M is the only other modern case with I can think of right now that has a mesh front

2 hours ago, TSL said:

The Phanteks Enthoo Pro M is the only other modern case with I can think of right now that has a mesh front

Wow… the special edition has an acrylic window! Loving it. But now it's large size and rad support make me feel that i should do water cooling in it. 

4 hours ago, TSL said:

Phanteks cases aren't known for great airflow.

Anything from Fractal, NZXT, Corsair... Works.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

Fractal Design Meshify C

anything more open and airflowy is close to an open air shoebox

thats also one of the coolest cases i've ever seen

Antipixel  -  First build 

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wVmqqs

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Phanteks cases aren't known for great airflow.

Anything from Fractal, NZXT, Corsair... Works.

I mean the fractal define C and NZXT s340 are actually some of the warmer cases. and I was talking about mesh fronts - which generally tends to have better cooling. other phanteks cases are indeed bad like the enthoo evolv