Aura Sync Control Device

Aklenar

I have a Z370 Asus motherboard that has aura sync capabilities. I got a lot of parts that are compatible (fans/ram/strips) but I am confused on how to hook it up to the motherboard so I can control them individually. I thought I could just use something like http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=729&area=en but it says if I connect all my rgb parts to that, the motherboard will treat all those parts as one piece so I wont be able to control each one separately. 

Can someone tell me what control device I need to buy?

3 minutes ago, Aklenar said:

I have a Z370 Asus motherboard that has aura sync capabilities. I got a lot of parts that are compatible (fans/ram/strips) but I am confused on how to hook it up to the motherboard so I can control them individually. I thought I could just use something like http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=729&area=en but it says if I connect all my rgb parts to that, the motherboard will treat all those parts as one piece so I wont be able to control each one separately. 

Can someone tell me what control device I need to buy?

Asus aura is not capable of controlling things individually unless the board is capable of utilizing individual addressable LED solutions which some Z370 board can. In those cases you would just daisy chain RGB strips. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

Asus aura is not capable of controlling things individually unless the board is capable of utilizing individual addressable LED solutions which some Z370 board can. In those cases you would just daisy chain RGB strips. 

-Moved to Modding Section- 

Would the z370-F be capable of controlling each one individually?

1 minute ago, Aklenar said:

Would the z370-F be capable of controlling each one individually?

Yes but only one header on the motherboard is addressable the rest are regular RGB, so you are limited by the max output amperage of the adressable header if you want to have animated effects along RGB lights. 

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-F-GAMING/

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Yes but only one header on the motherboard is addressable the rest are regular RGB, so you are limited by the max output amperage of the adressable header if you want to have animated effects along RGB lights. 

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z370-F-GAMING/

So in that case, as long as I hook up this control center http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=729&area=en to the one addressable header on the motherboard, I can control each rgb fan separately when I attach them to the control center ? 

Thanks for your help!

1 minute ago, Aklenar said:

So in that case, as long as I hook up this control center http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=729&area=en to the one addressable header on the motherboard, I can control each rgb fan separately when I attach them to the control center ? 

Thanks for your help!

No as of currently there are no addressable RGB fans from known brands that I've seen so there is no way to individually control each LED on the fans. That hub from silverstone works with regular RGB only.

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

No as of currently there are no addressable RGB fans from known brands that I've seen so there is no way to individually control each LED on the fans. That hub from silverstone works with regular RGB only.

How did the people on this video control them separately? 

23 minutes ago, Aklenar said:

How did the people on this video control them separately?

That is because they are not actually separate the fans and LED strips are together, they have the front LED strip on a different channel/header completely. All the other RGB components are either integrated into the motherboard, RAM, and peripherals which can be synced or controlled separately. 

2 hours ago, W-L said:

That is because they are not actually separate the fans and LED strips are together, they have the front LED strip on a different channel/header completely. All the other RGB components are either integrated into the motherboard, RAM, and peripherals which can be synced or controlled separately. 

Almost all my fans/ram are the same as the ones shown in the video. What do I need to do to get the same effect as them?

7 hours ago, Aklenar said:

Almost all my fans/ram are the same as the ones shown in the video. What do I need to do to get the same effect as them?

They have everything on the two regular RGB headers using splitters or the silverstone hub and have a single addressable LED strip on the addressable header from what I can see. 

8 hours ago, W-L said:

They have everything on the two regular RGB headers using splitters or the silverstone hub and have a single addressable LED strip on the addressable header from what I can see. 

Sorry for asking so many questions (I just want to make sure I dont buy wrong parts), but I can just buy some splitters and it'll all work seperately right?

Just now, Aklenar said:

Sorry for asking so many questions (I just want to make sure I dont buy wrong parts), but I can just buy some splitters and it'll all work seperately right?

No there is no option to have anything separate, they all match and get controlled together in a group just like fans if you use a splitter. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

No there is no option to have anything separate, they all match and get controlled together in a group just like fans if you use a splitter. 

But you said the ones in the video were probably using splitters and they were able to control them seperately

Just now, Aklenar said:

But you said the ones in the video were probably using splitters and they were able to control them seperately

They are only able to control them in two different groups using different channels/headers on the motherboard as said. The board you have has three RGB headers two regular analog RGB and one addressable RGB, leaving you three channels to control the lights with. 

Note the addressable RGB header must use addressable LED's. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

They are only able to control them in two different groups using different channels/headers on the motherboard as said. The board you have has three RGB headers two regular analog RGB and one addressable RGB, leaving you three channels to control the lights with. 

Note the addressable RGB header must use addressable LED's. 

I understand now, thanks for your help