2 individual sticks or a kit with 2 sticks?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Hi,

Two identical specs are the same RAM. For instance a 2400MHz CAS15 stick is the same as any other.

Remember when buying for Ryzen go with higher speeds as Ryzen architecture is proficient at higher speeds.

To be blunt. They are the same as long as they are the same. 2x8 kits are 2x 8GB sticks. Cheaper RAM is always better too.

p.s. install in dual channel or ill slap u mlg style.

Cheers,

RorzNZ, Apple Tart.

I am planning on buying 16 GB DDR4 ram for my basically first gaming pc from current gen stuff. It's going to R5 1600 on a Asus B350 Prime. 

I want two sticks of 8gig in my pc. But i noticed that if I buy two individual sticks from almost any brand, it is cheaper than buying a 2x8gb kit from the same brand. 

Which one should I buy?

I did some research about this but I can't really get to a solid conclusion. I think it's something to do with that the ram works together in a kit  but if I buy individual sticks I'm gonna have to do it manually in the BIOS. I'm not sure what I have to do?

Plss Halp.

Edited by dante04317
English isn't my first language, sry for any other mistakes

Hi,

Two identical specs are the same RAM. For instance a 2400MHz CAS15 stick is the same as any other.

Remember when buying for Ryzen go with higher speeds as Ryzen architecture is proficient at higher speeds.

To be blunt. They are the same as long as they are the same. 2x8 kits are 2x 8GB sticks. Cheaper RAM is always better too.

Cheers,

RorzNZ, Apple Tart.

Always go for what's cheaper IMO.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

Hi,

Cheers,

RorzNZ, Apple Tart.

So I don't have to anything other than just buy 2 individual sticks (exact specs, same company) and just look in the Mobo manual and find the right slots and everything will work? Like xmp and stuff.

Just now, dante04317 said:

So I don't have to anything other than just buy 2 individual sticks (exact specs, same company) and just look in the Mobo manual and find the right slots and everything will work? Like xmp and stuff.

As long as te sticks are the same (same speed and timings, they don't need to be from the same company) they will be fine and work great. A full kit however is guaranteed success.

Thank you,

RorzNZ, Apple Pie