Watercooling showdown, gold and purple or purple and gold!

Damascus

Chooose one  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is the ultimate combo?

• Gold fittings, Purple Fluid
    • Purple fittings, Yellow fluid

Curious as to what looks better, I'm having a really hard time.   This is for Project Fading Royalty

VERSUS.png.16ef4312415495526c06644f0d5bacbf.png

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

got to have that yellow vue, saw that some people have had issues with it though so be careful i think @Revan654 knows more seeing as i heard it from them

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Personally, I'd go with gold fittings and purple fluid. The motherboard is already gold - so I think if you had gold fluid that it would be too much of a majority. Going with purple may create more of a balance.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Wow, 3 v 3.  I think Ill probably stick with the purple.

AfuQ8Bql.jpg

2VcT8pnl.jpg

Results of the Vue. Vue has zero track record right now and as time goes on I'm betting problems will get worse. This type of coolant is just not ready for daily usage. The particles are still large which can get stuck in the blocks. Not to mention you have to replace the coolant every four months.

I would take XT-1 Nuke or X1 over Vue any day.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

@Revan654 that sucks.  Do you know whether different colours behave the same?

42 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

I doubt it, Most should be the exactly the same.

"Massive sigh" 

Do you know of any good very purple fluids?  Otherwise I'll probably bite the early adopter bullet on vue - not a big deal if its not durable as I redo my builds a lot faster than that liquid will die.

49 minutes ago, Damascus said:

"Massive sigh" 

Do you know of any good very purple fluids?  Otherwise I'll probably bite the early adopter bullet on vue - not a big deal if its not durable as I redo my builds a lot faster than that liquid will die.

Are you after Pastel or more of a water look coolant?

17 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Are you after Pastel or more of a water look coolant?

For this project I'm tentatively planning on having opaque liquid

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

For this project I'm tentatively planning on having opaque liquid

There a few ways:

1. you can get pre-mixed Purple

Link: https://www.mayhems.net/collections/pastel-concentrate-250ml/products/pastel-purple-250ml

2. This would be the better option, Get white Coolant with dyes you want and create your own purple.

Coolant Link: https://www.mayhems.net/collections/pastel-concentrate-250ml/products/pastel-white-250ml

Dye Link: https://www.mayhems.net/collections/standard-dyes/products/purple-15ml

or you can mix two dyes together to create purple(Red & Blue).

and of course you can add SFX effects to your coolant if you want as well.

@Revan654 doesn't pastel have its own whack of issues?

4 hours ago, Damascus said:

@Revan654 doesn't pastel have its own whack of issues?

No, Pastel has been around for a very long time. It's one few coolants that get's along with almost every type of tubing on the market.

If you look hard enough you can find issues with every coolant on the market.

It's the aurora coolant you want to avoid since that is show coolant not designed for every day use.

Gold should flow through the veins of royalty. I am largely in agreement with Revan654, the Vue is a big black box and isbtoo unproven as of yet. Some people says it settled, others says it doesn'. it may be corrosive, it may be abrasive. too many unknowns for my comfort

Pastels is fine for most as long as you stay far away from aluminium or silver. Although I still don't recommend it from the stand point that they are not chemically dpcumented. But if you want an opaque fluid Mayhem Pastel is the one to go fkr.

@Revan654 did you use pastel in the system before vue?

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

did you use pastel in the system before vue?

If you are asking about the picture he posted then yeah, that is from a user from overclock.net and he did use pastel before.

Relevant links to discussion:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1642095/primochill-vue-coolant-users-club/190#post_26486546

http://www.overclock.net/t/1642095/primochill-vue-coolant-users-club/200#post_26486606

As a side note, that is the biggest thread about VUE I have found so far, so anyone interested in it would be wise to follow it.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

@Lathlaer Thanks, everyone I've seen who's had issues with vue used pastel beforehand, seems to really react poorly.

19 hours ago, For Science! said:

Gold should flow through the veins of royalty. I am largely in agreement with Revan654, the Vue is a big black box and isbtoo unproven as of yet. Some people says it settled, others says it doesn'. it may be corrosive, it may be abrasive. too many unknowns for my comfort

Pastels is fine for most as long as you stay far away from aluminium or silver. Although I still don't recommend it from the stand point that they are not chemically dpcumented. But if you want an opaque fluid Mayhem Pastel is the one to go fkr.

You also have Ice Dragon Nano Fluid, Which works great.

------

The particles do settle after a bit of interactivity, There's even a few posts on this forum asking if that's normal.

4 hours ago, Damascus said:

@Lathlaer Thanks, everyone I've seen who's had issues with vue used pastel beforehand, seems to really react poorly.

Some had clean systems. It's not all from the OCN thread.

--------

I personally will only suggest using X1 or XT-1 Nuke right now. Since Vue is to new and no track record. I would wait about 8 months to see how it fairs to other people's system before jumping onboard. Mayhems has there own version coming out, It's currently in testing and uses different chemicals. One of the mayhems employees did show a quick preview of it awhile back.

4 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Some had clean systems. It's not from the OCN thread.

--------

I personally will only suggest using X1 or XT-1 Nuke right now. Since Vue is to new and no track record. I would wait about 8 months to see how it fairs to other people's system before jumping onboard. Mayhems has there own version coming out, It's currently in testing and uses different chemicals. One of the mayhems employees did show a quick preview of it awhile back.

I may go for it with the expectation that it won't work and tear down my loop every month or so.  Do a little journal @For Science! if you know what I mean.

23 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

Not all is from OCN. I'm talking about other people's comments about Vue.

Gotcha, thought you were talking about that specific example

2 hours ago, Damascus said:

Gotcha, thought you were talking about that specific example

Reading about the coolant from multiple places. Personally I think the coolant is a bit on the expensive side and needing to be replaced every four months. That can get very expensive, Specially for people who have larger loops.

11 hours ago, the_saint said:

why not both :D

a mix of purple and gold fittings

Dual loops could be interesting, though I think I'll stick with gold fittings/purple fluid.