Mobile data saving

Froody129

Hi all,

I’m currently on holiday and have to curb my data usage accordingly.

A feature I would love would be an option to click to load pictures, . It’s the worst thing opening a thread and loading 60mb of bad memes by accident. 

It would also be awesome to be able to disable loading of profile pics and stuff. I don’t want to use an adblocker to block the ads on the bottom of the site, since I like to support sites, but perhaps an option to load lower res ads?

Thanks

Froody

That's an F in the profile pic

Like @mikatsuggested, I would use a browser that supports disabling picture loading (Vivaldi on Desktop does a good job, or Firefox on mobile), that or use a browser that compresses pages before they arrive (I think Opera has the option, but I can't say for sure as I don't use it)

This is done browser side, like said.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I do think that browsing the forum is a data hog especially on mobile. I wish there's a way to detect how much data is being used by a particular URL.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

On 14.12.2017 at 11:18 AM, hey_yo_ said:

I do think that browsing the forum is a data hog especially on mobile. I wish there's a way to detect how much data is being used by a particular URL.

i wish i could track what apps are using all of my battery before looking into data stuff

27 minutes ago, Ruffleduffle said:

i wish i could track what apps are using all of my battery before looking into data stuff

You can, iOS and Android

That's an F in the profile pic

On 14/12/2017 at 3:16 AM, Froody129 said:

Hi all,

I’m currently on holiday and have to curb my data usage accordingly.

A feature I would love would be an option to click to load pictures, . It’s the worst thing opening a thread and loading 60mb of bad memes by accident. 

It would also be awesome to be able to disable loading of profile pics and stuff. I don’t want to use an adblocker to block the ads on the bottom of the site, since I like to support sites, but perhaps an option to load lower res ads?

Thanks

Froody

Low res ads?

7448B3D6-B8E4-4A84-94AD-E92B262D7476.png

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!