Corsair Wrist rest when gaming...

leelaa14

So I'm giving the included wrist rest a go that came with my K65 and it seems that I make no contact with it at all whilst gaming. Is it meant just purely for typing or are my hands positioned wrong? Seems like it's just not big enough.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I never been a fan of wristrest that comes with the keyboard they are sometimes uncomfortable to use.

I use $25 wristrest from ducky and it feels so good.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

5 minutes ago, Aytex said:

There is no right or wrong way to use it.. its just a wrist wrest, if you dont use it then no problem? 

It's not really about there being a right or wrong way to use it, I'm just curious if people actually benefit from it whilst gaming or purely just typing.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

29 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

I never been a fan of wristrest that comes with the keyboard they are sometimes uncomfortable to use.

I use $25 wristrest from ducky and it feels so good.

Yeah I'm Looking at some wrist rests now. I think I've seen the ducky one that you mention. I've searched for A TKL sized one and found a glorious gaming race one from overclockers UK. for £15. It seems pretty nice. Would like to find a way to attach it though as It would be a pain to move that and the keyboard around my pad.

1 minute ago, leelaa14 said:

Yeah I'm Looking at some wrist rests now. I think I've seen the ducky one that you mention. I've searched for A TKL sized one and found a glorious gaming race one from overclockers UK. for £15. It seems pretty nice. Would like to find a way to attach it though as It would be a pain to move that and the keyboard around my pad.

Use Double sided tape like me.

Tape it under the wristrest and stick it into your desk.

If u want to move it just yank it off.

U might need to clean your desk because of that sticky tape.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Glad I decided to lurk on this thread! I plan on getting a corsair keyboard with silent switches here soon, and was happy that there would be an included wrist rest.... However, I realize now that it may not be substantial, and that maybe I should start researching some other ones. 

Just now, Doomerson said:

Glad I decided to lurk on this thread! I plan on getting a corsair keyboard with silent switches here soon, and was happy that there would be an included wrist rest.... However, I realize now that it may not be substantial, and that maybe I should start researching some other ones. 

Yeah it doesn't seem to benefit me at least. Maybe a little when typing, but for gaming I make no contact at all with it. 

1 minute ago, leelaa14 said:

-snip-

Good thing I dropped in here.... I do a lot more gaming then typing. And I recently just dropped my desk (chopped inches off of the desk legs) so I could more comfortably place my hands on top of the keyboard.

I took mine off lol i have the k70 rgb and I just got annoyed with the extra space that was being taken up by my useless wrist rest.