Routing cables around my work space....

Watashi

Currently using command hooks to route all of my cables behind my desk.

However the cables for my mouse and keyboard are awkwardly placed, and I can't say I'm a fan. The USB cable on my keyboard is to short, so it's stretched to the point where it is straight (pointing upward at a 45 degree angle). I don't think there is much I can do with the mouse cable, because I don't think a mouse bungee would make much of a difference. 

I saw a picture online of a guy who (seemingly) cut holes in his desk, and hid them under his mousepad (or keyboard) as room for cable routing, this seems like a good solution to me although I will need a longer cable for my keyboard. It's modular so I should be able to manage this. Here is a picture for reference. Any suggestions friends?

IMG_0163.jpg

6 hours ago, zwirek2201 said:

Get an USB extension hub and stick it to the back of the monitor. You can connect to it either mouse and keyboard or just keyboard. Mouse cable looks fine to me

does the extension hub increase input lag?

On 12/12/2017 at 9:21 PM, Doomerson said:

does the extension hub increase input lag?

Nope. I use one right behind my monitor on the back of my desk, never noticed a difference.

Drilling a hole in your desk is the best option. Right behind the middle of your keyboard tends to be the favorite, and then you can route everything to the hub in the back. From there you only have one usb to plug into your conputer so it'll make that look cleaner too.

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

15 hours ago, Ginger137 said:

-snip-

Thanks for the reply friend, also it isn't something that I will ever notice because I'm fine with my keyboard being in the spot it's in. (also if I drill the hole correctly, I will have room to move the keyboard). It will also be cheaper for me to go with this method, because I'm almost certain my grandfather already has the tools.