What do you think about that?

Hey guys, Im new to the forums but I listen a lot of Linus Tech Tips and As Fast As Possible and I was wondering, while watching all those cellphones reviews that Linus and his team does, and regarding the curiosity of the team to try and explain how things are made and why, would you be able to enlight me on that next one ?

heres alink for a vudeo that bogs me

I know there are a lot of hoax out there and conspiracy theories which some are true and some dont. But since I dont have the ressources to verify that information myself, I would love to read your thoughts about cellphone towers and their potent danger. 

Thanks again and have a good day :)

I think people see the word "radiation" or "radioactivity" mixed in with "RF" and think "ohmygod! this is radiation! this'll give us cancer/make us sick/etc!"

The radio frequency waves are non-ionizing, and therefore cannot damage DNA. It's not energetic enough to do so (https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/radiation-exposure/radiofrequency-radiation.html). However, being exposed to powerful enough RF can cause unpleasant things to happen, mostly in the form of burns. It's basically the same principle as how a microwave oven works. I didn't watch the entire video because I basically heard "this cell tower caused cancer", which is BS.

And if the word "radiation" is used, it's shorthand for Electromagnetic Radiation. i.e., anything that emits and electromagnetic wave be it RF, IR, visible light, ultraviolet, X-ray, or gamma.

EDIT: I did read up that RF is classified as a Group 2B carcinogen, but that doesn't really mean much. Drinking alcohol is a Group 1 carcinogen (i.e., definitely linked to cancer).

Edited by M.Yurizaki

RF is a very VERY real danger to the human body, and the higher in frequency it is, the more dangerous it becomes.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

RF is a very VERY real danger to the human body, and the higher in frequency it is, the more dangerous it becomes.

what exactly does it do? as M. Yurizaki explained it can couse burns when it is very intense, but what will it do to your body in low amounts?

Watching that video caused more damage to my brain cells than those towers would, wow.

As @M.Yurizaki, radiation is really a rather generic word and any negative connotation in regards to cellular technology towards that relates to cancer is due to people not understanding that radiation is a very broad in scope.

Radiofrequency energy, unlike ionizing radiation, does not cause DNA damage that can lead to cancer. Its only consistently observed biological effect in humans is tissue heating. In animal studies, it has not been found to cause cancer or to enhance the cancer-causing effects of known chemical carcinogens (68). The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), which is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), is carrying out a large-scale study in rodents of exposure to radiofrequency energy (the type used in cell phones). This investigation is being conducted in highly specialized labs that can specify and control sources of radiation and measure their effects. Preliminary results from this study were released in May 2016.  - Source

There are warnings on the towers because RF heats flesh which can lead to burning, not because it causes cancer.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

This reminds me of one politician of conservative party in here who claimed windmills cause bats to explode.

Most people receive their main share of radiation from tap water or air. Compared to that cellphones, microwaves and even x-ray are rather small.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, stefanDB said:

what exactly does it do? as M. Yurizaki explained it can couse burns when it is very intense, but what will it do to your body in low amounts?

causes a burn that could look like a real bad UV Burn to what looks like someone took a cauterizer to your body and left it there for several minutes. depends on the stregth of the RF, and it's frequency as well as the time exposed to it. There are graphs for maximum permissible exposure for RF.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Yes, cell phone tower radiation can have undesired effects if you stay too close to them (which is why there are laws and safety standards which I'm sure that building respects), but NO, they will NOT cause CANCER.

And honestly I find it incredibly ironic that there are so many people ready to make up theories about the most random things causing cancer, autism or what have you, and NONE of them go after, say, cigarettes. Cigarettes are proven to cause cancer and affect those around the smoker as well. It's written on the damn box that smoke kills, and yet I don't see anyone getting so riled up about the government selling death to its citizens for money. I guess it's easier to make up bullshit conspiracies that can't be dealt with because "the illiminati" or whatever are "hiding the truth" and "brainwashing people" than to actually stand up for a cause.

Imagine if I made a video like that, saying two people from that building have cancer and *GASP*, the neighbor is a smoker! In THAT case I'd get a flood of comments saying that correlation is not causation etc etc... but in THIS case, people just gobble it up without doing any research. Unbelievable. Good on you for actually asking instead of blindly believing it!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

22 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Source?

This kind of fear mongering is always total bs. No, cellphone toweres wont give you cancer. What these fanatics dont seem to realize is that by simply exposing yourself to visible light exposes you to thousands of times more "radiation" than being near a cellphone tower. RF and visible light are literally the same thing, only difference is that visible light carries allot more energy.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

16 minutes ago, bob345 said:

This kind of fear mongering is always total bs. No, cellphone toweres wont give you cancer. What these fanatics dont seem to realize is that by simply exposing yourself to visible light exposes you to thousands of times more "radiation" than being near a cellphone tower. RF and visible light are literally the same thing, only difference is that visible light carries allot more energy.

TL;DR being out in the open will fuck you up much worse than any radio tower ever could. :P

55 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Watching that video caused more damage to my brain cells than those towers would, wow.

Good thing I didn't watch it then.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

32 minutes ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

Source?

Every Amatuer Radio Operator manual i've ever had the displeasure of reading? Various photos of RF burns?

But if you don't believe me, feel free to stand in front of or touch the radiator of a 70cm radio when it's pumping 1200W though the air. I assure you, it'll be an eye popping experience.

System specs:

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Every Amatuer Radio Operator manual i've ever had the displeasure of reading? Various photos of RF burns?

But if you don't believe me, feel free to stand in front of or touch the radiator of a 70cm radio when it's pumping 1200W though the air. I assure you, it'll be an eye popping experience.

Oh I know you're right about this. 1200 Watts is 1200 Watts, no matter how you slice it. I'm asking you to cite your sources for future readers.

Just now, Tiberiusisgame said:

Oh I know you're right about this. 1200 Watts is 1200 Watts, no matter how you slice it. I'm asking you to cite your sources for future readers.

FCC and the ARRL as well as a host of other international communication regulatory bodies.

If anyone wants to see if they are in an area that is beyond MPE, here's a handy calculator: http://hintlink.com/power_density.htm

System specs: