WAN show

bcguru9384

hey aholes in chat see the damn homepage of ltt for WAN show start time

updated every week...........

yet still late EVERYWEEK

They were not that late before, but know they just can't get the stream at the right time.

just an excuse as they have moved time up

its their time management skills that are failing

this tardiness consistency is going to effect WAN show sponsorship

i started this thread due to comment of no official start time yet posted weekly here and twitch web page has posted start times 

is it not coltons job to secure sponserships????

hard to do for WAN show i imagine.......

i have lost a large amount of respect for ltt in whole as i became a fan thru WAN show bbut this now a constant frustration as i like to eat dinner and watch but you never know when it will begin at all except that whatever time ltt says add an hour then you may see it

its the only constant

if ltt says start@1700 tune in at 1800

they say 1600 tune at 1700

see the pattern..............

damn within half hour WAN show end ltt page reflects next weeks start time

Colton is amazing thank you. LTT provides a good show for free, they certainly don't deserve threads like this.

ahhahahaha calm down mate, did you have a bad day today?

1 hour ago, Projex said:

They were not that late before, but know they just can't get the stream at the right time.

The WAN show has been going on fro 5 years. For 5 years he has been late. Almost Every. Single. Time. 

Recent float-plane comment I made about this 

image.png.4dffd298f0f1ed33c1ef14e9a99f226b.png

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 hour ago, bcguru9384 said:

no, it really wont. let be real here.

i understand that you have nothing better to do than sit around and wait for your show to come on, but they are actually working. they actually have real jobs, and work on other videos, and manage an entire business.

when you have even a 5th of the responsibility that they have, then you can talk

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

This is the norm for them so why 'get fed up' only now? I can kinda relate with the dinner thing though, I like to eat a meal sometimes but it's not exactly simple to coordinate. I usually end up sitting there with my meal early or I end up running into the start of the show and trying to hurry and finish my food to watch. I prefer the latter though, I don't really mind missing the first few minutes all that much. Especially if it's a week where they're talking about something I don't really relate/care about (Like When they talked about WoW recently). Regardless though, I just go catch the archive on YouTube later to catch the minutes I missed. Sometimes I miss more than just the first few so I actually miss a news story or two.

Also: https://twitter.com/LinusTech/status/934217572899155968

For the sponsorship, why would the sponsors care? They're just paying to get coverage during the show. The time isn't all that relevant I'd imagine, just the crowd being brought in and WAN always has it's crowd. Plus if this is their norm, I'd imagine the sponsors would be well aware and they still always have sponsors, so I don't see any hardships. They've even had some new sponsors recently iirc.

8 minutes ago, RyanEsau said:

so why 'get fed up' only now?

see syntax post

many times they made comments about being on time(even changing show time) and are still late.

i feel very lied to and with this feeling it maakes I question the truthfulness of ltt reviews and tips.

why believe a known habitual lier? its just a internet show but as syntax pointed out 5 years of always making you feel as if next time their weekly ltt forum ad of WAN show this day this time will be truth.

then you get disappointed

boy who cried wolf story

viewers are townsfolk

I never catch WAN show live. I also love the wan show so not being mean or anything. Big thing I notice lately is that the upload to youtube after the fact seems to be getting later and later and later. 

I dont want to be critical but it seems lately that the guys at LTT are so busy and have so much on their plate that the WAN show appears to be a "Lets fit this in when we can" type thing. 

It doesn't appear critically scheduled, the fact that they have developed a reputation for being late is an odd one but I have mostly found it amusing. 

I will say one thing and this is more an observation, the fact that Luke and Linus get interrupted and pulled away from the WAN Show set while live as often as they do is a bit strange as in my mind if presenters are in the middle of a live broadcast you don't bother them at all while live. 

Also it is a bit funny how some of the technical faults they have can happen as often as they do for something they do every single week. 

I should put in a caveat that if I sound at all critical about that, I have sort of always had expectations of me that if you say you will be somewhere at a certain time then you better be there at that time no later. I should say that I have not been perfect at that by any stretch of the imagination. 

15 minutes ago, William Payne said:

I never catch WAN show live. I also love the wan show so not being mean or anything. Big thing I notice lately is that the upload to youtube after the fact seems to be getting later and later and later. 

I dont want to be critical but it seems lately that the guys at LTT are so busy and have so much on their plate that the WAN show appears to be a "Lets fit this in when we can" type thing. 

It doesn't appear critically scheduled, the fact that they have developed a reputation for being late is an odd one but I have mostly found it amusing. 

I will say one thing and this is more an observation, the fact that Luke and Linus get interrupted and pulled away from the WAN Show set while live as often as they do is a bit strange as in my mind if presenters are in the middle of a live broadcast you don't bother them at all while live. 

Also it is a bit funny how some of the technical faults they have can happen as often as they do for something they do every single week. 

Looking like you have your shit together is much harder live, you only get one chance 

for exmaple

8 minutes ago, William Payne said:

I should put in a caveat that if I sound at all critical about that, I have sort of always had expectations of me that if you say you will be somewhere at a certain time then you better be there at that time no later. I should say that I have not been perfect at that by any stretch of the imagination. 

He's been late for 5 years. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Not making excuses, but I literally flew home last night  after missing yesterday in the office on a shoot in new york. So today was a particularly busy catch up day because I am flying out for France in about 12 hours and I won't be in office on Monday. 

Sometimes (often) my schedule is busy for reasons that are beyond my control. 

Doing my best over here. Sorry guys. 

9 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Not making excuses, but I literally flew home last night  after missing yesterday in the office on a shoot in new york. So today was a particularly busy catch up day because I am flying out for France in about 12 hours and I won't be in office on Monday. 

I actually don't think you should be too hard on yourself. The point I was trying to imply in my post is pretty much exactly what you just said in that you guys are just very very busy these days. 

I really hope I did not at all sound harsh. I love the WAN show, watch it every week. 

11 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

just an excuse as they have moved time up

its their time management skills that are failing

Maybe. But with WAN having it on time is exception. Or miracle.

Highly doubt it. Them being late has been a thing for past few years. Still they keep having quite good sponsors. Plus, now that they don't have audio issues its already much better than in beginning.

is it not coltons job to secure sponserships????

hard to do for WAN show i imagine.......

Him and Nick. But as said above, I think they would have even more sponsors around. Its prime time spot after all.

i have lost a large amount of respect for ltt in whole as i became a fan thru WAN show bbut this now a constant frustration as i like to eat dinner and watch but you never know when it will begin at all except that whatever time ltt says add an hour then you may see it

Move to Europe and watch archives when ever you like. Or just, you know, deal with it. Its not like they have actual producer for the show (something I've been asking since 2013) to keep everything on track.

9 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

i feel very lied to and with this feeling it maakes I question the truthfulness of ltt reviews and tips.

Lied to....? When its known fact that they are ALWAYS late?

9 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

why believe a known habitual lier?

Idk, why do you? You know time isn't going to be correct and yet you get disappointed every week that it really isn't correct. I'd say you are the issue more than them for being so easy to fool.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LinusTech said:

yup very understandable

these type reasons why months ago i suggested that other ltt members could be show hosts

WAN show is why i started following ltt

to be honest and blunt i careless about most of tech reviews you do as i will never own those parts but techquickies with histories are great

well anyways this was started so i could point out the weekly posting here on ltt landing page as twitch told me followers only mode

hence my ahole chat opening line

i had a fussy 3 month old neice to help with during show anyways and peppa pig was not keeping her happy(appeared she was in the eat uncle wuigi's shoulder mood) as when she was put down she would exercise her lungs with an increasing octive pitch

anyways safe trip and maybe add a box to ltt site under WAN posting for fridays to give an estimate on start time as to real world conditions (finishing a vid shoot 10 mins here then 10min potty break so WAN in 25 mins estimate)or something similiar

I've only ever watched the WAN show when it gets uploaded to YouTube, and even then I don't finish a whole episode so them being late doesn't bother me at all, although I can understand how it would bother some other people.

Although as stated before, this has been happening for 5 years and pretty much all the time they're late so it's basically just a way of life for them and the community. LMG is a busy company, so it makes sense that they can't be on time for everything.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

i also like to point out that as alot of you state that ltt lmg very busy

very true with 7 to 10 10min vids a week

why i stated about WAN show being hosted by other staff members(or even started then transfered)

irregardless the schedule pace with the manpower that lmg has is a failing pattern

70 to 100 mins of vid means 400 to 1000mins of shooting

combine this with family that is growing up and it will burn a person out in a few years

i bet linus gets 70 hours a week in the office on a slow week

this last 6 months i wonder if he has had 2 weeks without getting on a plane

floatplane has been added which just adds to workload

i do have a question for linus as i only recently learned of this

if you goto windows options to change workgroup name you can set a domain instead

would having ltt OS's set under the same domain be any help???

workgroups and domains i really do not under stand the difference except if domain on then it gets own firewall profile(public, private, domain)

but best question linus cant answer but lmg can

if you would offload workload from linus shoulders will he just add more(workaholic)