Dropped water on gpu

ArbiterAvenger

Hello guys

Yesterday, just after i went to work, my wife started to clean the house and she started from the office where my PC is. She slipped and let some water inside the pc case(i Always let it open), especially on my GPU. My computer was on because i was dowloading the assassin's creed origins. She didin't turn it off because she checked and saw my desktop area was okay. When i arrived she told me what happened and i saw nothing strange, even played the ACO in ultra quality. But today i notice the quality is not perfect as used to be. Don't know it's just my imagination or something is damaged.

Could it really affect the image quality?

10 minutes ago, ArbiterAvenger said:

Hello guys

Yesterday, just after i went to work, my wife started to clean the house and she started from the office where my PC is. She slipped and let some water inside the pc case(i Always let it open), especially on my GPU. My computer was on because i was dowloading the assassin's creed origins. She didin't turn it off because she checked and saw my desktop area was okay. When i arrived she told me what happened and i saw nothing strange, even played the ACO in ultra quality. But today i notice the quality is not perfect as used to be. Don't know it's just my imagination or something is damaged.

if something got damaged because of the water your PC would be fried by now.

assassins creed origins is a notoriously poorly optimized game. it is very likely that the game is just being crappy, you could always try another one to see if the performance hit persists.

7 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

if something got damaged because of the water your PC would be fried by now.

assassins creed origins is a notoriously poorly optimized game. it is very likely that the game is just being crappy, you could always try another one to see if the performance hit persists.

I played skyrim special edition to try and performance is normal. Just i said i don't know if i'm being paranoid but the image quality does not look clear as before.

23 minutes ago, ArbiterAvenger said:

Hello guys

Could it really affect the image quality?

Run User Benchmark and have a look at your GPU scores. It'll give you a percentile of where your GPU is compared to others of the same brand and model.

Also, don't leave your PC case open.

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Mini Desktop | Mac Mini | Core i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | 1TB HDD x2

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Laptop | Lenovo Thinkpad Edge | Intel Core i5 | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

11 minutes ago, HunterScott said:

Run User Benchmark and have a look at your GPU scores. It'll give you a percentile of where your GPU is compared to others of the same brand and model.

Also, don't leave your PC case open.

I started to use this User Benchmark and during the process my PC restarted. Is this normal or not ?

11 hours ago, ArbiterAvenger said:

I started to use this User Benchmark and during the process my PC restarted. Is this normal or not ?

No, looks like your PC is struggling under load. What has Windows Event viewer said?

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
― Charles Bukowski

Desktop | Intel Core i5 - 7600k | ASUS Strix B250F | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti x Gaming 11G | 256GB Samsung Evo | x2 WD Blue 1TB | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB)

Laptop | MacBook Pro 13in w/Touch bar (2016) | Intel Core i7 | 8GB LPDDR3 | 1TB SSD

Peripherals | Razer Chroma Orbweaver | Magic Mouse 2 | Corsair K70 RGB | Logitech G402 | Blue Snowball | Logitech G922 | Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933

Galaxy Tab S2 - used as a media streamer, more often abused by my 1 year old son.

1 hour ago, HunterScott said:

No, looks like your PC is struggling under load. What has Windows Event viewer said?

I got this numbers:

(70368744177664),(2)

kernel-power 41 (63)

if the GPU was damaged by water it would either short or not work at all. Just make sure all the components are properly dried before plugging it in.

1 hour ago, ArbiterAvenger said:

I got this numbers:

(70368744177664),(2)

kernel-power 41 (63)

Kernel power event ID 41 occur when the computer is shut down, or restarts unexpectedly. So we would expect that one given your previous message. Are there any other events before the Kernel power event?

Are you able to upload the .dmp file so I can analyse it?

― Charles Bukowski

14 minutes ago, HunterScott said:

Kernel power event ID 41 occur when the computer is shut down, or restarts unexpectedly. So we would expect that one given your previous message. Are there any other events before the Kernel power event?

Are you able to upload the .dmp file so I can analyse it?

There is just this Critial: (70368744177664),(2) - kernel-power 41 (63). The others are just Information.

AAA.evtx

54 minutes ago, ArbiterAvenger said:

There is just this Critial: (70368744177664),(2) - kernel-power 41 (63). The others are just Information.

AAA.evtx

Can you supply the .dmp files for the 5 events running up to the kernel power event?

― Charles Bukowski

1 minute ago, HunterScott said:

Can you supply the .dmp files for the 5 events running up to the kernel power event?

How can i get this .dmp file ?