Using a HTC Vive

Ryois
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
5 minutes ago, Ryois said:

So I am in a weird situation. I want to use a Vive with my laptop, but the HDMI port will not work. I can use mDP 1.2 though. My monitor Dell UP3017 has DP daisychaning with MST, is it

A: Possible to push both a Vive and a 2560x1400 resolution with mDP 1.2? I can change the resolution of the monitor but native will be nice.

B: Possible to use MST with mDP from laptop to mDP input on my monitor then using the full sized DP out, use a DP to mDP cable to connect it to the linkbox?

My monitors I/O from right to left:
Power, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, DP in, mDP in, DP out, 3.5 mil, USB to PC 1, USB to PC 2, Full sized USB 2x, Side 2x USB

My laptops I/O, Power, Ethernet, mDP, HDMI fried, USB, USB Type C Gen 2 no TB3, 2x USB, audio, SD

xuo7b4G.png

DP 1.2 does have enough bandwidth for the monitor at full resolution and the Vive at the same time. In theory I don't see anything wrong with this but I've never tested anything like this so it's hard to say for sure.

So I am in a weird situation. I want to use a Vive with my laptop, but the HDMI port will not work. I can use mDP 1.2 though. My monitor Dell UP3017 has DP daisychaning with MST, is it

A: Possible to push both a Vive and a 2560x1400 resolution with mDP 1.2? I can change the resolution of the monitor but native will be nice.

B: Possible to use MST with mDP from laptop to mDP input on my monitor then using the full sized DP out, use a DP to mDP cable to connect it to the linkbox?

Power, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, DP in, mDP in, DP out, 3.5 mil, USB to PC 1, USB to PC 2, Full sized USB 2x, Side 2x USB

My laptops I/O, Power, Ethernet, mDP, HDMI fried, USB, USB Type C Gen 2 no TB3, 2x USB, audio, SD

xuo7b4G.png

5 minutes ago, Ryois said:

xuo7b4G.png

DP 1.2 does have enough bandwidth for the monitor at full resolution and the Vive at the same time. In theory I don't see anything wrong with this but I've never tested anything like this so it's hard to say for sure.

20 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Ok, if it doesnt work I could just swap the cables when needed.