looking for supplimental aluminum watercooling parts, dont hate me <3

so I as well as as many other water cooling noobs are considering the a240 kit from EK to get our feet wet with water cooling, Im looking to make additions like a drain valve and a bigger res to suit the loop better; my biggest issue is that I cannot risk mixing copper parts with the aluminum parts of my loop so i need help to find some decent fittings I can use. pls help Dx

1 minute ago, the_saint said:

so I as well as as many other water cooling noobs are considering the a240 kit from EK to get our feet wet with water cooling, Im looking to make additions like a drain valve and a bigger res to suit the loop better; my biggest issue is that I cannot risk mixing copper parts with the aluminum parts of my loop so i need help to find some decent fittings I can use. pls help Dx

You don't want to mix metals, drain valves as of currently do not exist in aluminum but the fluid gaming kits do have separate parts you can purchase for expansion and such. 

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/parts/

1 minute ago, W-L said:

You don't want to mix metals, drain valves as of currently do not exist in aluminum but the fluid gaming kits do have separate parts you can purchase for expansion and such. 

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/parts/

I saw those, im going to be buying the extended res for sex appeal, they sadly dont offer any drain plugs tho

2 minutes ago, the_saint said:

I saw those, im going to be buying the extended res for sex appeal, they sadly dont offer any drain plugs tho

Yea the options for the fluid gaming line are a bit more limited as they are their budget/entry level options for getting your first taste of custom watercooling. 

Just now, W-L said:

Yea the options for the fluid gaming line are a bit more limited as they are their budget/entry level options for getting your first taste of custom watercooling. 

tbh there is no real problem using copper OR aluminum, i wish more companies would offer aluminum parts as entry level variants of the most popular products. someone tell linus

for drainage you can get 2 quick disconnects connect one into the low point in the loop and then use the second to connect up and drain the loop

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, Cyracus said:

for drainage you can get 2 quick disconnects connect one into the low point in the loop and then use the second to connect up and drain the loop

in aluminum?

Just now, the_saint said:

tbh there is no real problem using copper OR aluminum, i wish more companies would offer aluminum parts as entry level variants of the most popular products. someone tell linus

It's not recommended to mix them in a single loop in most cases, but in general the fluid gaming option is a fairly new product that came on the market what <4 months so you never know what will come up. 

Also with soft tubing it's very easy to drain a loop without the need for a drain valve. 

5 minutes ago, the_saint said:

in aluminum?

the quick disconnects from the ekwb shop have no metal in them, I've asked EK support myself perfectly compatible with the ekfluid kits

E: figured I should come back and post a link for ease https://www.ekwb.com/shop/fittings/extra/qdc

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

12 hours ago, the_saint said:

in aluminum?

I don' have any aadvice on aluminized parts for you, but once you get bitten with costum W/C bug, it's for ever ;)

People quoting posts with all the pictures should get banned from internet!

R5 1600 3.9GHz | ASUS STRIX B350-F | Corsair LPX  32GB RAM | KFA2 GTX 1080Ti W/C | Corsair Force 480GB NVMe  | Seagate 1TB 2.5" | beQuiet Pure Power 10 700W | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | Phanteks Glacier RGB W/C | LG 29UM68 | Steelseries Apex M750 | Steelseries Rival 310 | Steelseries QcK Limited | Steelseries Arctis 5 | Creative X-Fi 5.1 PRO |  W10 64-bit |

23 minutes ago, RicY said:

I don' have any aadvice on aluminized parts for you, but once you get bitten with costum W/C bug, it's for ever ;)

most kids my age dreamed about sports figures or their celebrity idols, I dreamed about 4 way 680 sli watercooled