My pc gets an insane lag spike when pressing the @ symbol

Xusu

When i make the @ symbol my hole pc starts to lag, this started after i upgraded my gpu

i've already reinstalled windows, this is the wierdest glitch i've ever encountered.

the lag only last for a few seconds, and i get the same kind of lag when i open obs

4 minutes ago, Xusu said:

When i make the @ symbol my hole pc starts to lag, this started after i upgraded my gpu

i've already reinstalled windows, this is the wierdest glitch i've ever encountered.

the lag only last for a few seconds, and i get the same kind of lag when i open obs

i have the exact same problem on my desktop, not on the laptop. 

1 minute ago, asus killer said:

i have the exact same problem on my desktop, not on the laptop. 

this is by far the weirdest problem I've ever had

I have a very similar thing on my desktop. everything works really fast except when I type alt+2 for the @ symbol .. it takes like 2 secs to input it. typing emails com as 'somethinggma@il.com' instead of 'something@gmail.com'

I have no idea what can this be related to..

Tried another keyboard/external keyboard? Eliminate if it's hardware or software. Remove driver entirely and restart PC.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

i ran asus gpu tweak gaming boost thingy and broke my glitch, it is made by some windows process that it kills

1 minute ago, userzero said:

Tried another keyboard/external keyboard? Eliminate if it's hardware or software. Remove driver entirely and restart PC.

it works on my razer blackwidow and Logitech k120

What works? 

You need to say if the issue is present when using other hardware to narrow it down.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

Just now, userzero said:

What works? 

You need to say if the issue is present when using other hardware to narrow it down.

switching keyboards does not work, but i ran my gpus task killing "gaming boost" and my pc does not lag when making the @ symbol anymore, it still takes a few seconds to make it tough

So the software i use to overclock my gpu ( asus gpu tweak 2 ) is responsible, if it is open i get the lag when making the @ symbol, but if i close it it wont

On 12/9/2017 at 12:47 PM, Xusu said:

So the software i use to overclock my gpu ( asus gpu tweak 2 ) is responsible, if it is open i get the lag when making the @ symbol, but if i close it it wont

I have the same software! Is this the root cause? what the hell? I'll test later when I get home!

I would bet that software has a keybinding for switching overclock profiles. When you hit alt+2 it tries to switch the profile which will cause your system to act goofy.