This build is going to be expanding on the ideas user Aaron1001 and his mineral oil PC a the planning link is here > 

and his build log can be found here > 

As you can probably tell by scrolling through is that yes there is a 3D model which can be found here >  it isn't very user friendly so i downloaded the .step file from Aaron1001's design and imported it into Fusion 360 (link for that here >)

Then i took off the Aquarium as well has the radiator and other electrical components so only the acrylic parts that needed to be laser cut remained the file for that is here >

More Coming Soon

Parts have been Nested in Fusion 360 the file for that is here >

Here is the File i will be using to cute with a laser cutter its a dwg which opens in Autodesk Inventor 

Inventor 36x36 Print.dwg

Aaron1001's Original spreadsheet for parts can be found here >

I've taken all of his items and found them online and put urls and prices in the spread sheet, also i've added the components i will be adding into my mineral oil pc as well as the items Aaron1001 chose for his own i have not yet ordered any parts so some item may be incorrect and might need to be changed later 

Here is my SpreadSheet

To anyone who is unaware of what this is all about back in 2014 Linus Tech Tips uploaded a video about the Puget Mineral Oil PC (Link for Linus's Video)(Link for Puget Mineral Oil PC) After uploading the video Puget's Mineral Oil PC Kit stopped production because of copyright issues and now no other companies sell any for of a mineral oil pc so this will hopefully provide an in depth look at how to build it and it will hopefully help anyone else trying to recreate this PC

Its a cool concept that has been around for over 20 years. first one i saw was in 1990.

have fun and keep is updated

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

Update Acrylic has arrived and i will hopefully get it cut in the next couple of days

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow. I haven't been back on the forum in quite awhile. It's super cool to see people take my work and improving on it. I know my build log kind of just ended abruptly (college started), but I did end up finishing the PC, and I've attached a photo of the finished product. I ended up using it for a year but sold it once it became apparent that a gaming laptop is much more suited for the on the road work that I do in college. But for that one year, it was a fantastic beast of a machine to use. 

@DommPaone just a few mistakes I made and that I want to give you a heads up on.

1. acrylic sheet has terrible tolerances from sheet to sheet. make sure the slots are wide enough.

2. mineral oil dissolves oil-based thermal paste. you will need some liquid metal thermal paste for both your CPU and GPU.

3. when buying a GPU, have the first fan be as far away from the IO as possible. something like an EVGA card. my Asus card would make splashing sounds if it ramped up to anything more then minimum speed.

4. get a PSU with an always-on fan. helps with circulation. but make sure the fan blades are below the oil level.

5. I don't think I specified in the build log, but when the mineral oil goes from the radiator to back into the tank, there is a T coupling + hard tubing that routes the oil back to the front and shoots it through the CPU heatsink and in front of the GPU fans. It's in my CAD files, but the bends are way too tight. it's much better for it to move forward a few inches. 

here is a sheet with some thermal numbers. I personally like to run my PCs a little hotter and quieter, but with a less aggressive OC, the numbers fall drastically.

If anyone has any questions about mineral oil PCs, I'm more then happy to answer them.

I'm super excited to see where you take this project, and wait eagerly to see you finished build!

14264956_192084901204618_1415865877082743993_n.jpg