is10bit worth worth it?

Mr.Sir

I'm deciding between 2 monitors 8bit or 10bit but the 10bit costs $200 more would it be worth it?

both are sVA panels with quantum dot 1440p

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

Unless you're doing media creation work, no. And it's likely the 10-bit panel is 8-bit with FRC to simulate 10-bit color.

ok thanks

Yeah watch out for "fake" 10 bit :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Sir said:

Yes, if you look around you can find places that tell the whole story of the specs and it's 8 bit + FRC

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yes, if you look around you can find places that tell the whole story of the specs and it's 8 bit + FRC

would you say it would look the same as the C27H711

4 minutes ago, Mr.Sir said:

would you say it would look the same as the C27H711

That's a very different panel.  60 Hz instead of 144, just plain old 8 bit as far as I can tell, etc.  I haven't seen either in real life though so can't say how they look compared.