Does standoff screw sizes matter?

Thonorin

I found this case, and saw this video talking about and i found out that this case does not come with stand off's. Is there a certain size i should get? The mother board is a ATX, too.

1 minute ago, Thonorin said:

I found this case, and saw this video talking about and i found out that this case does not come with stand off's. Is there a certain size i should get? The mother board is a ATX, too.

The common standard is 6-32 threaded or sometimes M3 standoffs, height wise that varies from case to case so that is something you need to determine for that specific case. 

Motherboard standoffs are a standard size, I would believe, to ensure compatibility with all cases and mobos. It's... very weird that a case doesn't come with them though

Frostbite (White build PC)

Spoiler

MSI B350M Mortar Arctic - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz - Corsair H60 - ASUS GTX 1060 3GB DUAL OC @ (2130 MHz Core Clock + 4600 MHz Mem Clock)

2x8GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance C16 Corsair 400C White - EVGA 650 GQ

Razer Deathadder Chroma - Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma - Sennheiser HD 598 SR - LG 24MP59G-P

20 minutes ago, katoptrys said:

Motherboard standoffs are a standard size, I would believe, to ensure compatibility with all cases and mobos.

Wrong.

25 minutes ago, W-L said:

The common standard is 6-32 threaded or sometimes M3 standoffs, height wise that varies from case to case so that is something you need to determine for that specific case. 

Correct.

Stand offs do vary from case manufacturer to case manufacturer.  Some are more common than others, but they can vary.

It is VERY UNUSUAL for case to not come with stand offs.. unless you bought it used.  What case is it?

What case don't come with stand offs ?Even the cheapest cases i bought came with them either in a bag or pre installed.

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

It is VERY UNUSUAL for case to not come with stand offs.. unless you bought it used.  What case is it?

There are some cases that don't need them - be quet Silent Base 600/800 for example.

@Thonorin What case are you talking about?

@andrewmp6 be quiet Silent Base series for example.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

11 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

There are some cases that don't need them - be quet Silent Base 600/800 for example.

Well, some cases have the stand offs "built in".  But it still has stand offs that you can screw in as well as the raised, built in stand offs:

IMG_5095.JPG

All motherboard stand off needs to be the same height, where the board is level with the base I/O slots on the back of the case. Just having 1 stand off not at the same height as the rest of them, can cause physical damage, no POST, and other problems. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

Well, some cases have the stand offs "built in".  But it still has stand offs that you can screw in as well as the raised, built in stand offs:

IMG_5095.JPG

Thanks for the picture,I was thinking how you screwed in the motherboard lol