Best Left Handed Gaming Mouse

NicholeMattera

Looking for a gift for my dad, who is left handed, last year I got him a Logitech G300S for Christmas, but the switches are already dying on it. (Most likely from when he was playing WoW and he clicks all his abilities instead of using the keyboard.) He doesn't really use the extra buttons on the mouse and just needs a simple mouse, but with good switches and sensor as he still plays games. (ARK Survival Evolved, 7 Days to Die, etc...) My brothers and I all have Logitech G502 with no issues, so I'm not sure if he just got a defective mouse or are the G300S just bad. Any advice would be appreciative as I'm right handed. xD

6 minutes ago, StevenMattera said:

Looking for a gift for my dad, who is left handed, last year I got him a Logitech G300S for Christmas, but the switches are already dying on it. (Most likely from when he was playing WoW and he clicks all his abilities instead of using the keyboard.) He doesn't really use the extra buttons on the mouse and just needs a simple mouse, but with good switches and sensor as he still plays games. (ARK Survival Evolved, 7 Days to Die, etc...) My brothers and I all have Logitech G502 with no issues, so I'm not sure if he just got a defective mouse or are the G300S just bad. Any advice would be appreciative as I'm right handed. xD

These two seem like reasonable options:

RAZER Nagahttps://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G28M4025

RAZER DeathAdderhttps://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4RE4638590

"Those who are last are sideways and smiling". - Jeremy Clarkson

10 minutes ago, NPSTR107 said:

razer mouse switches ain't worth shit

if he manages to wear down a logitech mouse in just one year, he will chew up a naga about as fast.

Stick with the Logitech g300s. It's less expensive than the razers and it's ambidextrous too. However, the Additional keys are located beside the left and right click buttons. There are no thumb buttons 

I'm on my 2nd g300s (first one had problems with the left click). I just couldn't find a mouse within that price range that could compare.

1 minute ago, KenjiUmino said:

if he manages to wear down a logitech mouse in just one year, he will chew up a razer mouse about as fast.

I just did a quick search on Newegg for left handed mice, and those were the only two...

"Those who are last are sideways and smiling". - Jeremy Clarkson

Just now, NPSTR107 said:

I just did a quick search on Newegg for left handed mice, and those were the only two...

the mouse does not have to be specifically labeled "for leftys" - any mouse that has a symmetrical shape will work in both hands. 

The Zowie FK series is ambidextrous and good quality afaik.

I have a Zowie EC2-A and I'm extremely happy with it.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

53 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

if he manages to wear down a logitech mouse in just one year, he will chew up a naga about as fast.

Older Razer mouses used to be good I had an original Razer Naga that lasted years and was a great mouse. Unfortunately when it died I went with a Razer Nage Epic Chroma, which at the time it was an $170 mouse. After about a year and a half I started having scrolling issues and when I opened it up the lithium ion battery was inflated. As you can expect my trust in Razer in providing a quality mouse that will last has diminished.

57 minutes ago, cmptech said:

Stick with the Logitech g300s. It's less expensive than the razers and it's ambidextrous too. However, the Additional keys are located beside the left and right click buttons. There are no thumb buttons 

I'm on my 2nd g300s (first one had problems with the left click). I just couldn't find a mouse within that price range that could compare.

This would be his third now that I've provided him for Christmas. xD Was hoping there was something that was better so I can stop the chain of buying him a new mouse for Christmas.

I just recently picked up the Steelseries Sensei 310 to try it out against my Logitech G403, and I kinda prefer it's overall shape. Being ambidextrous myself, it was extremely tedious to try to grip the G403 in my left hand due to the curvature, but the Sensei is perfectly symmetrical. The sensor is extremely comparable to the PWM3366 in the G403, and after hours of competitive Overwatch, I don't have hand fatigue on either hand, nor do I feel like the mouse is going to disintegrate under my giant meat claws.

https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/sensei-310

Can't say anything about the software, since I only ever downloaded it to change default DPI (and then deleted shortly afterwards), so that part you will have to look for reviews on elsewhere. Still, the mouse half is extremely solid and gets my seal of approval. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

• 3 months later...

I prefer ambidextrous over the left-handed ergo models. Here's a good guide on lefty gaming mice, I ended up buying the Logitech G903 which is pretty expensive not going to lie but it feels great and performs flawlessly. I'm not using it with the wireless technology though just keeping it plugged in with the detachable cord all the time so I don't need to worry about battery life or losing connectivity. I've hard good things about Razer's Deathadder lefty edition but I do agree with Kenji's comment about the longevity of Razer's switches.