BSoD on Startup Windows 10

Vica

Hi,

Recently my dads computer has begun showing a blue screen on startup. He says the computer was doing an update. When it happens it says Critical Process has Died. I am able to get into the automatic repair where i can choose to troubleshoot the PC, however, when i choose to reset the pc while keeping the files it doesn't work and says "There was a problem resetting your PC. NO changes were made."

I then also tried going into advanced options and booting in safe mode. This does not work either, with the same Critical Process error message coming up. Similarly when i try to go back to a previous version of windows it doesn't work. 

I don't know what else to do and any help would be much appreciated!

More info needed plz.  What version of Windows?  What is his setup, (HDD, mobo, ram, store bought system?)

With just the information that you provided, I would attempt to somehow backup any data such as document and pics first.  Then I would try and do a clean, fresh install of Windows using the Windows Media Creation Tool.  Another thing you could try would be to remove the HDD and put it in another machine as a slave and run some disk utilities on it such as scandisk, chkdsk, etc.  Those things will get you started at least.

Ok, personally, this has happened before to me. And guess what? The motherboard only emits one sharp endless beep now. As of now, no solution is known. Just be lucky it even gets past POST. new HDD/SSD, and a fresh install, preferably not one created with the same computer that died.