The specs -  
i7 8700k 
Zotac GTX 1080 Amp Edition (8GB) 
16GB DDR4 ADATA RAM
Kingston 240GB SSD
WD Blue 1TB HDD

Gigabyte Z370m D3H Ultra Durable motherboard

Intel Cooler. 

SEASONIC 620W POWER SUPPLY W/80+ BRONZE CERTIFICATION (S12II-620)

CM Master Box Lite 5 RGB PC Case

I bought this PC for work and heavy gaming. I'm able to do the former because it's just basic Photoshop for now, but the doing the latter seems to be an issue. 

PC Freezes out of nowhere while gaming sometimes. Only high end games. League runs smooth for hours. I have to shut it down and turn it on again. 

Using MSI Afterburner to check the temps, idle it's about 40-50. League of Legends, 50-60 everything maxed out. 
Heavy games like Hitman, 70-80s, PUBG 70-80s, Divinity Original Sin 2 70-80s. 

Is it overheating? Is it the RAM? Is it the GPU? I have upgraded my drivers to the latest version, my BIOS is up to date, etc. 

What else should I test? How do I see if overheating is the problem? And how do I test RAM? 

I'd like to do everything with as minimal risk as possible. 

The problem with sending it for repair is I'd have to take the entire case to the other end of Mumbai where I bought it from as the guy has nobody he can send here. 

Any and all help appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, pxnguinPr3 said:

Yeah erm, you havent given me any information, when does it crash?

What are the specs?

What does the crash screen look like?

Does it blue-screen?

I need to know!

Yeah sorry I accidentally pressed enter before posting. Edited everything in. It freezes and I have to shut it down. 

8 minutes ago, Nukinator said:

The specs -  
i7 8700k 
Zotac GTX 1080 Amp Edition (11GB) 
16GB DDR4 ADATA RAM
Kingston 240GB SSD
WD Blue 1TB HDD

Gigabyte Z370m D3H Ultra Durable motherboard

Intel Cooler. 

CM Master Box Lite 5 RGB PC Case

I bought this PC for work and heavy gaming. I'm able to do the former because it's just basic Photoshop for now, but the doing the latter seems to be an issue. 

PC Crashes out of nowhere while games sometimes. Only high end games. League runs smooth for hours. 

Using MSI Afterburner to check the temps, idle it's about 40-50. League of Legends, 50-60 everything maxed out. 
Heavy games like Hitman, 70-80s, PUBG 70-80s, Divinity Original Sin 2 70-80s. 

Is it overheating? Is it the RAM? Is it the GPU? I have upgraded my drivers to the latest version, my BIOS is up to date, etc. 

What else should I test? How do I see if overheating is the problem? And how do I test RAM? 

I'd like to do everything with as minimal risk as possible. 

The problem with sending it for repair is I'd have to take the entire case to the other end of Mumbai where I bought it from as the guy has nobody he can send here. 

Any and all help appreciated. 

Okay, how does it crash? is it a blue-screen or is it a just game crash.

Hi.

2 minutes ago, pxnguinPr3 said:

Okay, how does it crash? is it a blue-screen or is it a just game crash.

No blue screen. It just freezes, and the audio just gets distorted and stuck. Like a buzzing sound. Nothing moves. Keyboard isn't responsive (pressing caps and whatnot doesn't turn caps on etc). Can't alt tab, can't do anything. 
I have no idea why this is happening. Very concerned. 

Just now, Nukinator said:

No blue screen. It just freezes, and the audio just gets distorted and stuck. Like a buzzing sound. Nothing moves. Keyboard isn't responsive (pressing caps and whatnot doesn't turn caps on etc). 

From what i can see here, from little information,

I'd say it was the cpu over-heating.

Hi.

Just now, pxnguinPr3 said:

From what i can see here, from little information,

I'd say it was the cpu over-heating.

I feared the same, I'll wait for more input from other people. But just in case, which CPU Cooler would you recommend? I don't have a massive budget now as I've blown everything on the PC. A good, reliable budget cooler with a long life? Preferably an air cooler as I have no idea how to manage a liquid cooling solution. All I know is that it's expensive and requires good maintenance along with the know how. Unless there's a liquid cooler which is easy to install and maintain while also being inexpensive. 

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Nukinator said:

No blue screen. It just freezes, and the audio just gets distorted and stuck. Like a buzzing sound. Nothing moves. Keyboard isn't responsive (pressing caps and whatnot doesn't turn caps on etc). Can't alt tab, can't do anything. 

If you have overclocked the cpu then change it back since I dont think the intel stock cooler can really handle it. If you havent overclocked, check that the cooler is mounted correctly and check if it is plugged into the cpu fan header.

1 minute ago, Matthew Waring said:

If you have overclocked the cpu then change it back since I dont think the intel stock cooler can really handle it. If you havent overclocked, check that the cooler is mounted correctly and check if it is plugged into the cpu fan header.

No overclocking done, stock speed. And yeah it's plugged in. I'll double check the mounting and get back to you. 

1 minute ago, Nukinator said:

I feared the same, I'll wait for more input from other people. But just in case, which CPU Cooler would you recommend? I don't have a massive budget now as I've blown everything on the PC. A good, reliable budget cooler with a long life? Preferably an air cooler as I have no idea how to manage a liquid cooling solution. All I know is that it's expensive and requires good maintenance along with the know how. Unless there's a liquid cooler which is easy to install and maintain while also being inexpensive. 

Thanks 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FNXfrH/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrht228pkr1

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hmtCmG/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2

or if you want that rgb

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/YdJkcf/cooler-master-hyper-212-led-663-cfm-rifle-bearing-cpu-cooler-rr-212l-16pr-r1

I g2g now so dont expect a reply.

Hi.

I'm with Matthew, open something like MSI Afterburner and set up its On Screen Display and monitor CPU and GPU temps during gameplay.

I can't image a stock Intel cooler can keep up with even a stock 8700k, no less overclocked.

Core i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz cooled by a Corsair H100i GTX
EVGA Z170 FTW w/ 16gb GSkill Trident Z DDR4 3333mhz
EVGA GTX980 SC @ 1501mhz
Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
Phanteks Enthoo Pro M w/ EVGA 1000 P2
Samsung 960 Evo M.2 512GB -- OS
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB -- games