pubg crashing in the middle of the game

nomadman
Go to solution Solved by Tosa,

Are you experiencing stuttering and/or generally low FPS too? Because it looks like the processor is spending a lot of time juggling things between RAM and HDD, which is something it does to keep itself from running out of RAM. Getting more RAM would probably help a lot, if not completely solve the issue. Otherwise, I don't know. Maybe a lower graphics preset would help?

hello guys i am having a problem with pubg i can't play pubg for more than 10 min the game keeps on crashing i tried reinstalling the game and i have updated all  the drivers 

and still no improvement my pc setup is:

amd athlon x4 840  

8 gbs of fury hyper x ddr3 memory 

1030 2gb gddr5 

500 watts psu 

windows 10 64

help please 

4 minutes ago, nomadman said:

hello guys i am having a problem with pubg i can't play pubg for more than 10 min the game keeps on crashing i tried reinstalling the game and i have updated all  the drivers 

amd athlon x4 840  

1030 2gb gddr5 

500 watts psu 

windows 10 64

help please 

you might run out of memory during match. PUBG is RAM hungry game.

5 minutes ago, nomadman said:

amd athlon x4 840  

1030 2gb gddr5 

500 watts psu 

windows 10 64

help please 

Never mind, just saw it was a GTX 1030.

When it crashes does it just close out of the game or does the system blue screen?

Edited by imreloadin
answered my own question...

4 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Never mind, just saw it was a GTX 1030.

When it crashes does it just close out of the game or does the system blue screen?

it crashes and the mouse does not move and even alt ctrl delete does not help the only solution is turning the pc off 

Monitor RAM usage in Task manager while you're playing. If you have any GPU overclocking tool at hand, use that to monitor graphics memory usage.

If RAM usage is at 90% or higher, it's not out of question that Windows closes the game as a last resort not to completely run out of RAM, or the game doesn't like it when the OS is moving some of it's "memory pages" to the hard drive. If your GPU memory graph is zig-zagging at the top, that means it's juggling the data between the regular RAM and video memory (which is bad) and you need to decrease the usage somehow (lower the graphics settings) or get a GPU with more memory.

1 minute ago, Tosa said:

Monitor RAM usage in Task manager while you're playing. If you have any GPU overclocking tool at hand, use that to monitor graphics memory usage.

If RAM usage is at 90% or higher, it's not out of question that Windows closes the game as a last resort not to completely run out of RAM, or the game doesn't like it when the OS is moving some of it's "memory pages" to the hard drive. If your GPU memory graph is zig-zagging at the top, that means it's juggling the data between the regular RAM and video memory (which is bad) and you need to decrease the usage somehow or get a GPU with more memory.

yes i think it is using all the available memory but i had a laptop with an amd r7 440m 1 gb and it ran pubg just fine 

1 minute ago, nomadman said:

yes i think it is using all the available memory but i had a laptop with an amd r7 440m 1 gb and it ran pubg just fine 

How's the RAM usage while you're playing, then?

PUBG is very poorly optimised. I play at 50-55 FPS average with a GTX 1060 on the lowest settings. to run at 1080p max settings, you actually need a GTX 1070, it's just that badly optimised.

Quote me so I can reply back :) 

MY PC-> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1000W 80 Plus Titanium MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X370 Crosshair VI Hero CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X RAM: G.Skill 32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C14 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 HYBRID STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD; 2TB WD Caviar Blue; Crucial MX500 500GB SSD CUSTOM LOOP: EK-Velocity Nickel + Plexi CPU block, EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Acetal + Nickel GPU Block w/ EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Backplate, EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Chromax fans, EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm Nickel, Mayhems UV White tubing 13/10mm, 3x Noctua NF-S12A Chromax case fans

Just now, Tosa said:

How's the RAM usage while you're playing, then?

i can't monitor the ram usage i crashes  unexpectedly 

Just now, nomadman said:

i can't monitor the ram usage i crashes  unexpectedly 

Doesn't matter, I'm just interested in how much RAM it consumes in general. It might provide a clue as for why the game crashes. "Everyone" else seems to think that's the reason.

Just now, Tosa said:

Doesn't matter, I'm just interested in how much RAM it consumes in general. It might provide a clue as for why the game crashes. "Everyone" else seems to think that's the reason.

what should i do exactly?

Just now, nomadman said:

what should i do exactly?

If you have more than one monitor, just put task manager there at the Performance tab, and see how high your RAM usage is while playing. If you only have one monitor, I guess you'll have to minimize your game or run it in windowed mode to check.

27 minutes ago, Tosa said:

If you have more than one monitor, just put task manager there at the Performance tab, and see how high your RAM usage is while playing. If you only have one monitor, I guess you'll have to minimize your game or run it in windowed mode to check.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Are you experiencing stuttering and/or generally low FPS too? Because it looks like the processor is spending a lot of time juggling things between RAM and HDD, which is something it does to keep itself from running out of RAM. Getting more RAM would probably help a lot, if not completely solve the issue. Otherwise, I don't know. Maybe a lower graphics preset would help?

1 minute ago, Tosa said:

thanks a lot